90-day wonder?

lceah

Could always get a GS position as an engineer for the army and help design weapons systems and such.

They still have GS positions? DOD contracts out R&D left and right. Now that is the cool stuff. At UNF, we are working on field sensors. Model plane flies over the impact crater and detects chemical agents, the controller is fed an instant read-out of the contaminant level in ppm or ppt. I'm not sure Dr. H. had gotten it down to ppb.

As soon as Bush got a second term, the DOD started bleeding cash into every major American University. So I am not sure about GSs handling R&D, I could see them organizing applied science projects, but these days every piece of equipment the DOD uses is made from a company, unless you count the paperwork. The paperwork is 100% GI.

They still have GS positions? DOD contracts out R&D left and right. Now that is the cool stuff. At UNF, we are working on field sensors. Model plane flies over the impact crater and detects chemical agents, the controller is fed an instant read-out of the contaminant level in ppm or ppt. I'm not sure Dr. H. had gotten it down to ppb.

As soon as Bush got a second term, the DOD started bleeding cash into every major American University. So I am not sure about GSs handling R&D, I could see them organizing applied science projects, but these days every piece of equipment the DOD uses is made from a company, unless you count the paperwork. The paperwork is 100% GI.

GSs still do R&D and do field work. they are the ones doing alot of the "bed down" work and summiting changes for our F-22's

interesting! :)

I used to work for a company that would do a lot of work for the navy and army and I did a lot of the parts...some for F-22's too...Navy was the most amazing though! :D

thanks you guys for all the info. :) I've always wanted to understand all the forces stuff :)

I'm amazed at you guys' courage! props to you guys!! :)

props to mee and i have denied 3 times in a row to go to play in the sand. i'm seriously thinking of going blue to green jsut to go

Airforce to Army....

Don't feel bad Scott. I've been denied 3 times as well. Last time, it took an act of Congress to keep me CONUS. Bullcrap, but hopefully I'll get my chance before this thing is over.

I'm amazed at you guys' courage! props to you guys!! :)

Pumping cyanide replicant solutions through LIMS detectors in a laboratory in Florida is as close as I want to get to combat.

My kids need their daddy.

What did they say in that movie? Wars are won when the more patriotic soldier dies first and a winner is left, alive.

I think that was Patton.

James, I've worked on the parts and that's the closest I wanted to get to it...

I am against wars, unless there is absolute need for one (obviously not in today's case)

I say props to them because they had the courage to join even though they know they might be sent to iraq or such...to me, that's so scary!

I really really hope none of you guys get sent to war...I'd be so sad...

James, I've worked on the parts and that's the closest I wanted to get to it...

I am against wars, unless there is absolute need for one (obviously not in today's case)

I say props to them because they had the courage to join even though they know they might be sent to iraq or such...to me, that's so scary!

I really really hope none of you guys get sent to war...I'd be so sad...

i'm gonna keep volunteering untill they send me.

wow you volunteer to go? isn't Alaska nice? lol jk...

stay safe Scott...I hope they don't send you though!

the_big_dl86, stay safe! I hope they don't send you or you stay all safe and come back soon...

Archived