Please help! Vibration when shifting into 2nd gear

thesparkleman

I recently purchased a 1996 Honda Accord EX. It has a 4 speed auto transmission. When I start to accelerate it shifts into 2nd gear, but not before there is a vibration right before it shifts. I was told it could be the U-joints but I want to make sure that its not the transmission. Or could it be something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

check timeing and if that ok check ur tranny fliud...then check the cv joints...i belive u dont have u joints...hopefully ur boot is not torn...i heard it is expensive to fix..good luck let us know

• 3 months later...

i had the same problem with my 92 accord auto and my tranny was fried i ended up getting an h22 lsd auto tranny, but in a little while itll start slipping give it a good 6 mothes and ull need a tranny, im tellin u this from experience, cause it happened to me and i work at a transmission shop in miami so i kno what im talkin about

Archived