k24 bored and stroked 2.6L

alex37211

Has anyone heard of these "k26" motors holding up at all? I know it's been done, but I just wonder how stable they are.

And anyone know what kind of money it would take to actually get one of these done? (i already have a k24a4 motor)

Also, would the power gains be worth it? Or would built w/ 8-10psi boost be better?

if your interested in selling the K24 shortblock let me know , lol. i want everything but pistons and rods , lol.

theres guys running 102mm cranks and 90.5mm bores. if its built right , why wouldnt it hold up.

if your interested in selling the K24 shortblock let me know , lol. i want everything but pistons and rods , lol.

theres guys running 102mm cranks and 90.5mm bores. if its built right , why wouldnt it hold up.

Well I have the whole motor and would sell it as just that. It has 40 something thousand miles on it and came out of an 03 Accord that was wrecked over a year ago. How much would you be willing to pay? I'm not sure on the value of them. Also, I'm in TN but I could set up freight for maybe $200-$300 depending on where you are.

im in canada , and would only be interested in the shortblock , minus rods and pistons like i said.

I don't wanna take it apart nor do i want to try and sell the head / pistons. I could send you the whole motor for like $1500 shipped. How's that sound?

dont want the whole motor dude , and the longblock is only worth about 1000.

Fine. I'll take it apart. But wouldn't you like to have a spare head for backup in case you screw yours up?

Anyways, if not, that's okay. I could probably do the block for 1,100 shipped. Hows that sound? Oh and also, I am a certified merchant through paypal. I'm even set up to take credit cards if you don't have a paypal account. Of course a check of some sort would be better so I don't get charged fees.

Fine. I'll take it apart. But wouldn't you like to have a spare head for backup in case you screw yours up?

Anyways, if not, that's okay. I could probably do the block for 1,100 shipped. Hows that sound? Oh and also, I am a certified merchant through paypal. I'm even set up to take credit cards if you don't have a paypal account. Of course a check of some sort would be better so I don't get charged fees.

That's not bad idea if he was using a K24 head. He's using a K20 head though and wants to make a K24block/K20head setup. Would do him no use to have a K24 head lying around.

he just said the long block (including pistons, head, rods, and crank) is worth 1000.... he isn't going to pay 1100 for just the stinkin block.... get real. you can buy a longblock from a crv here for less than you want to sell the block for.

Oh, I didn't notice he said "longblock" is 1000. Like I said, I don't know how much this stuff is worth. Okay, so how much would a shortblock only go for?

BTW, that seems like a good deal there on ebay. But I thought they used a different type of k24 in the TSX. Isn't that one (tsx) like 200HP and the CRV/Accord only 160HP?

Archived