Electrical Problem? I Don't Know.

Repsol

I unhooked the tube I had behind the passenger seat because it was taking up too much space. After I uninstalled, my head unite blinks "PROTECT". Does anybody know what this is or how to fix this problem? I hooked it back up to go to the trunk. Still did the same thing...

if it was s ground there would be nothing but since its getting power its got to be something else you have to have ground and power to be able to have power and for it to be saying protect it proves my point it has power

Okay, I had a Pyle Bass Tube. Had a power wire running from the battery directly to the tube. I had a ground wire. I hooked my rear speaker wires to the tube. I unhooked everything because I need the space. I go to check if the radio works. Nothing, just blinks "PROTECT" I went to tuck the power wire in, and i touched the back metal piece that is under the plastic cover between the two rear speakers. I didn't touch any wires so I doubt I fried anything. Checked again, still was blinking. I hooked everything back up exactly how it was, but in the trunk so I could still have the space behind the seats. What do ya know, still blinks.

• 2 weeks later...

what type of deck is it, from what it sounds like you have a kenwood, and one of your speakers is either blown or one of the speaker wires is touching another speaker wire or is grounded. since you said you removed the bass tube and you had the rear speaker wires hooked to it, and not rca's that leans me to believe its one of those.

btw its not a power issue becaust the deck is on. the deck will shut off the internal amp if its saying protect. it wouldn't come on at all if it had a blown fuse

he never said wat type of deck it was, it could be a bad fuse, but its alot more common to have a shorted speaker wire. the fuse on the back of the radio is constant and thats where it gets most of its power about 99 percent of the time the radio wont turn on at all

Archived