hello im new and got problems

zcef9

hello all my name is steven i got a 91 civic hatch im new to the honda game

all i know is that it has crx si seats integra center console and its lowered short shifter cold air intake

stage 2 clutch and now two bent valves i believe not to sure i need some help with it lol bought it for 600 bucks

could use some help from fellow honda peeps neways it has a d16a6 dont know if its a good motor or not lmk what i could do thanx

well welcome to the forum and feel free to ask questions. You will learn most hondas are really easy to work on.

A d16 is not to shabby, Its not the worst but its not the best. Alot of people will have the same motor as you.

Wikipedia is a awesome source for honda info. I hope we can help with your honda. Got any pics of it?

bent valves are an easy fix. just replace the heads. is soo easy to do on a honda. if you want to know more about it, and talk to someone that may be able to help you get heads call my friend scott. he has a performance business. 904-868-2423 [evans performance]

Why replace a head if the head isn't damaged. Valves are easy to replace, if the valve seats are good and there's no holes in the pistons; all you need to replace is valves and valve stem guides.

Why replace a head if the head isn't damaged. Valves are easy to replace, if the valve seats are good and there's no holes in the pistons; all you need to replace is valves and valve stem guides.

if hes new to cars in general, that might be too much of a task for just him to accomplish. unless hes lapped valves before, i wouldnt reccoment him doing it himself. usually the guides are still good too, so he may not even need to replace them. it depends on how badly they are bent.

you could always get the head off and take it down to a machine shop. they will tell you is the head is still good and how much it will cost to put new valves in it. It may be just 2 bent valves, or it could be more like guides. But a machine shop can tell all this after they look over the head.

Archived