1993 honda civic 1.6l ex engine swap

rocknskulls

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright i guess im just gonna go with the d15b im not to worried about power just need something to go in my car that is a good engine right? like there isnt anything that happens to them thats common that i need to worry about and is that obd0 or obd1?? and it being a d series it will bolt up just fine and my transmission will work to right ?

nothing realy goes wrong with any motor as long as it is mantained. it is going to be an OBD1 motor so it will swap right into your car with no issueas and you can use your factory tranny.

no. you just wont be using those wires.

Edit: So why are you swapping the motor again? from what i've read and now noticed you have a mini-me swap. why would you want to get rid of that?

they didnt replace the pistons or rings and now there bad and nobody near here will do it for cheap ive got 1 esimate and they wanted1200 just for the labor im thinking of keeping the engine and trying to do my first build but not sure so if any one wants to buy it i might sell it after i get my new 1

ok well here is my opinion on this. keep the mini-me setup and put it on an engine stand, you can pick up a stand at NAPA for liek $50 i think i paint $50 at Harbor Freight a long time ago so i don't knwo what they cost anymore. Strip it down to a bare block and have someone check the block and make sure it's good. Then order a set of pistons/rings and rods for it. install them yourself, it's not that hard. Have the crank that was in there already blue printed and balanced. The get some head work done. That would make the grounds for a pretty quick daily driver and still be real reliable.

how much would all that cost because thats what i was thinking of doing except id have another engine in the car for the mean time and would be slowly building the one i pulled until o get it done then when i get all that done swap them out again because as u know im on a budget and i need a car so putting a new engine in now is my best choice.i think it would be perfect and since i havent done an engine build be4 i think it would be good experience for me

hatch92 has a real good idea i mean you already got the mini swap done in the car it's not hard to replace the pistons and rings but if you do that all ur self you not looking at more than 800 you should still be able to buy yourself a clutch and flywheel go to clutch net.com they got good deals

im thinking of selling the engine even though i want to rebuild it i have a feeling after i put this one in i wont want to take it out and put the other one back in plus im kinda thinking of just getting another engine later and build it up from scrap so that i dont have to do any head work or block work like i think im going to run into on this one its not too bad right now ive stopped driving it and it still had 120 in the cylinder that was messing up last time i checked and the rest were fine running about 150 ill name the parts that will come with it if some1 is really interested in having to to an engine rebuild

that and if i tear it down id be replacing everything and getting racing parts pistons, pistons rings, and having to have to hook up the vtec( person that had it before me hooked it up but didnt program it for vtec) cams, new valve springs,seals, boring the block etc... and i just dont think im ready to do all that quite yet i think ill just get another one later if i want to do it

eventually yes because im planning on getting another car or truck this fall or somewhere around there and then id use the civic for races on the track and yes thats what he did it didnt make any since at first why he didnt hes got the money to do all that just lazy i guess just like the pistons and piston rings

that and if i tear it down id be replacing everything and getting racing parts pistons, pistons rings, and having to have to hook up the vtec( person that had it before me hooked it up but didnt program it for vtec) cams, new valve springs,seals, boring the block etc... and i just dont think im ready to do all that quite yet i think ill just get another one later if i want to do it

ok i didn't get any of that. if the head is already on the block most likely it is already wired. are you sure it wasn't done completely first. i'll tell you right now your gonna go back to a d15 non-vtec and you will kick youself in the ass later wishing you left the d16z6.

Archived