1993 honda civic 1.6l ex engine swap

rocknskulls

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok thanks the one im looking at seems to be the same any other way to tell other than the vin ??? and do i need to transfer the computer too or can i use the one i have already in the car???

First of all the '93 is OBDI and the '98 is OBDII, so you will have to convert the engine harness plugs. Second of all Honda does not designate the engine with the VINs 8th character, like most manufacturers do. I had two 2000 Civic EXs, one had a 4 and the other had a 5 for the 8th character of the VIN, but they both had a D16Y8 engine. Also to do this swap you will need the tranny and half shafts with the donor engine too.

the motor will swap right over no problem however you will need to wire some things to make the OBDI car compatable with the ODB2 motor or you could swap a OBDI dizzy to the y8 motor and use your stock O2 sensor and then jsut run a vtec wire to the p28 ecu and you would be golden.

ok first of all the car sold for more then i was willing to give for it so i looked for another engine and found a 1995 honda civic 1.5l (witch i found out my car has by looking at the block the valve cover is from a 1.6 and that threw me off ) anyways just wanted to know if it would bolt up to my transmission the engine i have now is d15b8 and ill get the info to the other engine tomm and the 1.5l in my car is the ex edtion and i think this one's is the dx will it mount it has the same 6TH vin which is how honda does their engines i found that out

ok thats good to know any one want to buy my old 1 when i pull it out or my cf hood just want to see wat prices mainly but considering selling found out to day the new engine im gettting is a d15b7 mine is a d15b8 whats the difference??? andwill it mount on the same mounts as the d15b8??

the D15b8 is an 8 valve economy motor. the D15b7 is a 16 valve motor. still in the economy aspect but a little more torque than the motor you have and it would be a jump in horsepower

still same engine mounts?? and wil the tranny that i have hold up to all that??? and does it use the same dis. it doesnt come with one all it comes with is the water pump im going to have to do alot of transfering and need to make sure i dont have to buy anything different thanks for the help

yes its the same mounts, and your tranny will take the power hell my d15b8 tranny was mounted to a z6. everything is the same and is a direct plug and play swap.

all d-series motrs are interchangablew. parts and internals, as long as it id another d-series motor. everything bolted onto a d-series motor is interchangable with another d-series motor.

alright thanks for the help i wish i could help people out more on here but i just dont know much about hondas yet i had a nissan for the longest time im going to order my engine tommorrow yay!!

you should be able to pick up a Z6 motor and buy te P28 ecu for around $400. then all you have to do is run 1 wire to the vtec solenoid. Then you can also replace the clutch and flywheel is youfell for the same price you would of paid for that $800 motor.

Archived