Electric Supercharger

nickysamm

I just bought a 'Hyper Tune' electric supercharger off eBay for my beloved 1994 Del Sol. (Its' a japanese import with a rare 1490 SOHC V-Tec engine.

The charger should be installed directly after the cone filter and a switch connected to the throttle body activates it when the throttle is at its maximum. Conventional superchargers are installed with the belts of the engine but this doesn't.

I am a bit worried about the engine's safety - According to the seller this charger gives approximately 2 - 3 PSI boosting. Keeping this in mind I am asking myself: "Doesn't extra air flow need compensation with extra fuel?"...I dont think the ECU can automatically compensate for such a change no?

Stricly speaking, even a cone filter needs to have more fuel but the ECU manages to compensate for such a small difference...but this is not a very small difference which the ECU can manage...what do you think?

thanks,

nickysamm

hell sell it to some kid around your town and tell him it'll take 3 sec of his 1/4 mile time.

Ok point taken that they're crap..having said so...what about my questions? does it effect the ECU afterall...I dont wanna try it out and blow up my engine...

Ok point taken that they're crap..having said so...what about my questions? does it effect the ECU afterall...I dont wanna try it out and blow up my engine...

the point is, dont put it on your car, it wont help anything, so why risk it?

To answer your question....no, you don't have to do anything to your car. Those ebay electric superchargers will not produce any boost regardless of what they say.....they just don't work without a serious increase in power (extra car batteries) and a serious E/S setup. So......the bottom line is that you'll probably lose horsepower since it will be blocking the air flow and not producing boost (just like those tornado inserts block the air path), so if anything, your ecu will compensate by pushing less fuel or by running rich.

just read around anyone that know anything about cars will tell you they dont work. like^^ said its a waste it will rob horsepower before it gives you any.

bottom line if you want a supercharger then buy a real supercharger. if you want more power theres other ways to get it. just a few boltons can do alot for not much investment

Archived