No way!

Pony Eater

what happened fried... someone throw the bottle... or were you granny shifting not double clutching like you're supposed to?

hahahahahahaha well, that's all I gotta say about that

Hey Pony Eater,

You know you are in a HONDA forum, right?!?

I think he does, that joke was a reference to a dumb remark made in fast and the furious, that's why it was funny

lol.....i love things like that that bash our cars....makes me think and laugh about how rediculously small our engines are....then it impresses me that they are so powerful for that small of a displacement :cool:  

i mean come on!  we drive fun economy cars!  i knew this when i bought mine!  its great to know that they have such potential though..... think about it

96 civic around $8k

98 vett around 20k

8k + 12k in mods(turbo, front mount intercooler, 75 shot nitrous, rebuilt internals, lowered compression, port/polish, exhaust, Boost Controller, etc, and enough to buy a 5th gen to abuse in the winter, and a  case of beer to drink while doing the work) = faster than any 96 vette stock

• 4 months later...

"then it impresses me that they are so powerful for that small of a displacement "

i like that quote. and here is a nice little fact. the honda s2000 engine has the most horse power per liter out of all...yes ALL...other production engines. 2.0L and 240HP stock. thats 120HP per liter. thats crazy. let me illustrate this a little further...and my facts might not be up to date about this so bare with me:

2002 honda s2000 has 2.0 liters, 240 hp...120 hp per liter...2002 dodge viper has 5.0 liters (if i'm not mistaken, which i probably am, but its gonna be in dodges favor...) and 500 hp. thats 100 hp per liter. taking into consideration that the viper cost 80k and the s2000 cost 30k...50k difference...this is a wonderful achievement for the engineers at honda. kudos mah boyz ta dah honda house of reps...peace i'm outta here playaz

sorry, i got all exited.

• 3 weeks later...

Your right when you compare the honda to the vette, but if you want power for cheap, older cars are better. If I had money this is what I'd do to my 87 Cutlass. It cost me $4000 safetied. Its the most comfortable car I've been in, holds 7 people easily (even though its a 2 door). If I put $16000 into it theres no way a Honda would beat it for $20000. And I'd still have enough money left over to make up for the small amount of extra gas it would use, which isn't as much as most people think.

455 olds motor ~$500

complete Summit rebuild kit ~$500

engine machine work ~$1000

New Crane cam ~$150

New Edelbrock RPM heads ~$1500

Edelbrock RPM intake ~$200

headers and dual 2 1/2" exhaust ~$500

tranny rebuild with race parts $2500

Leave another spare ~$2000 for odds and ends but thats most of it. I don't know where I'd spend the other $6000. I guess I could use some of it for a better stereo. Could buy some nitrous too I guess, most people with musclecars don't really bother with nitrous.

All this would give me somewhere around 550hp and 500IB/Ft of torque (without nitrous) depending on how big a cam I used. In the Cutlass it could probably run somewhere in the 11's set up right and still be driveable on the street and last a long time.

check this out: Stealth that runs in the 10's w/out nos

i don't mean to be mean, but what den foo?!?! haha, just kidding man. i love 3000gt's (and stealth's for that matter)....dream car. (i just drooled on my keyboard...errr)

seriously though...thats a true "10 sec car" w/out nos. lets see the boyz from the fast and the furious try to touch that with a stick...word!!!

Hmmm. 10 seconds, i think i wouldn't mind going for a ride in that!

Reading through the cars story, it kind of seems like an import version of the Buick Grand National/Turbo Regal. A turbo car thats really fast stock and can go really really fast without a lot of money. There are lots of GN's and TR's going 10 seconds in the quarter. Not a lot of cars that can do that and still drive on the street.

it came with the 302 V8 and he made it into a 347. he also supercharged it. i dont know most of the details of what he did. but i know it has a high performance intake manifold. the headers and exhaust are custom. but it has a full interior and weighs in at just under 5000 lbs :o

lol, maybe i will have to trade over my civ. w/ my parents' '98 explorer..... :D too bad it only has a six in it though....

you can get a lot of power out of that 4.0 V6. there are a couple supercharger kits for it. i've only seen the BBK s/c in person on an explorer.

and there are tons of aftermarket engine internals.

you can get a lot of power out of that 4.0 V6. there are a couple supercharger kits for it. i've only seen the BBK s/c in person on an explorer.

and there are tons of aftermarket engine internals.

what type of cost, firstly, would it take for the internal mods you are talking about, and have you seen them perform? looking for something fast, somewhat inexpensive until i get some more payroll.

Archived