Vtec or Turbo?

Alright so hears my situation...The original plan was to put a B17 (92-93 tegs) in my civic but i soon found out that the head was toast, therefore i got a hold of a b18a1 (90-92 tegs) that i know is running good. Should i go and build the B17 or should i slap a turbo on the b18 and go with that... I notice that my friends b18 turbo'd integ looses traction at about 4 grand, hence why im not crazy about having turbo. No point in having all that power if you dont stick to the ground... Theres also the possibility of making the b18 an LS/Vtec, its "iffy" to me, lots of people clam its unreliable and some say its reliable? and power? is the LS/Vtec better than a b18c? b16? should i just get a b18c? This motor needs to last me awhile.... So yea thats my problem... any info would help.

rebuild the b17 head and do a small turbo to give you the power. if you already have the b17 then stick with it. for a turbo go with a t3/t4 something small that will spool fast and give you a good amount of power for a dd and be reliable.

• 1 month later...
rebuild the b17 head and do a small turbo to give you the power. if you already have the b17 then stick with it. for a turbo go with a t3/t4 something small that will spool fast and give you a good amount of power for a dd and be reliable.

or build the ls .u could boost it or do the lsvtec both will net u a good amount of power.i have seen boosted ls with stock internals making 300 at the ground.on the other hand the lsvtecwill also give u a fun ride and can be very reliable if built right.

Boost the B18. If you are breaking traction and don't like it, turn down the boost. Much easier to control how much hp you are making with boost. Also, what kind of tires does your friend have? 250-300whp with a set of RT-615's should be a lot of fun and have pretty good traction.

Archived