vtec engagment

DelSolFreak

what do you mean OBD2 serial port connector? that makes no sense to me. do you mean your ecu has a serial port in the case?

he probably means that he has the obd2 service port like all 96-newer cars have. But sometimes you can run in to a phase in car where it's a 95 but has an obd2 service port but has a 1 wire o2. sawthose in my college years

yeah some of the early models of the newer setup. ive chipped an OBD1 PR3 before. same deal. its not confusing at all. your car is a 97 , its supposed to have a diagnostic port. if theres no jumper harness , that means its an OBD2 ecu , in which case it cannot be chipped , which makes your issue even more confusing , lol. take some pics or somin dude.

ok so deal..... (since i wont b able to get ics for while 4 u guys) 97' del sol 5 speed with factory b16a2, obd2 service port, no jumper harness, p30 ecu, 2 4-wire o2 sensors, vtec engages at 4500. i looked up the p30 and found it supposed to be on obd1 ecu. the reason im so confused is cause i know alot about a little when it comes to honda/ acura. i never liked hondas til i got my sol, now i love them!

edit** just found out that my buddy has a digital camera. will get pics asap! btw.....thank for all the help you guys have given me since ive joined!

P30 ecu came in OBD2A del sols as well(96-97). i think you might have your answer up there , buddy said he ran an auto ecu and it engaged at 4500 , i see no other reason for this problem. was your car auto to manual converted? check the wiring under the hood over the tranny , see if theres any connectors not attached to anything.

no. when i did a carfax on the car when i bought it, it said it was a 5 speed. but there is a 2 wire connector next to the ecu thats plugged into this little green thing that has 2 sockets in it but the green thing doesnt connect to anything

that 2 pin connector should be blue. and the green rubber thing is just a holder. that 2 pin connector is for getting the codes from your car with the engine light.

Archived