convertable roof

joemarsh2004

hi there new to the forum i have 13 hondas including preludes, del sols(vtec and non vtec), one crx, accrods and a v6 quad overhead cam ledgend(nsx engined). so will be able to inform people aswell as take information lol. i need some help with my own personal del sol. when i turn it on the little honda car in the corner of the clocks has a red light over the boot and the convertable roof. And the abs light is comes on when i braked once after starting the car(and stays on untill its parked then restarted) just wonderin what the abs light could be on for? i no my front pads need changin is that just an indicator? and the roof the boot works fine. but when i press the button for the convertable bit the relay clicks but nothing else then it beeps at me? anyone ever had this problem? is there any way of just going tot he boot opening it then sliding the roof in myself if it is broken? thanks everyone

p.s just bought some front corner splitters for it will post pics when arrived, painted, on car.

cheers for the reply, yeah boxing day got some Gunk engine cleaner going to degrease down all brake system and clean all teh ABS sensor, and paint it all up again with high temp blue paint. i need some front pads any ideas where i can get them cheap?

thanks

joe

i agree, the abs light is most likely an abs sensor... as for the roof, is it a transtop del sol?? if it is how the hell did you get one?! but if you're talking about the electric targa top, they always had problems not working, there's actually a few shops that are familiar with them so search on the internet for a transtop repair shop, usually they're around 1000 bucks to fix though...

you never seen the eletric convertable? you tube it your see it its so funny how it does it. theres a button on my dash that i press to do it. the boot comes up but then it doesnt grab the roof like it should but i can just slide it in takes 10 secs

• 1 month later...
hi there new to the forum i have 13 hondas including preludes, del sols(vtec and non vtec), one crx, accrods and a v6 quad overhead cam ledgend(nsx engined). so will be able to inform people aswell as take information lol. i need some help with my own personal del sol. when i turn it on the little honda car in the corner of the clocks has a red light over the boot and the convertable roof. And the abs light is comes on when i braked once after starting the car(and stays on untill its parked then restarted) just wonderin what the abs light could be on for? i no my front pads need changin is that just an indicator? and the roof the boot works fine. but when i press the button for the convertable bit the relay clicks but nothing else then it beeps at me? anyone ever had this problem? is there any way of just going tot he boot opening it then sliding the roof in myself if it is broken? thanks everyone

p.s just bought some front corner splitters for it will post pics when arrived, painted, on car.

Hello, I'm Rob from London. I hope you have sorted the prob by now if not hopefully these pointers and info will help.

1) We have all done it, have you lowered your rear window then tried to use the elec roof? It will not work with the rear window down.

2) Could be something to do with electrics if happened the same time as abs light coming on.

In answer to your screams of I have a convertable but can't take the roof with me and that beeping noise I just can't handle!!!! Which everside I'm sure it is the same lhd or rhd in uk it is passenger side us prob drivers. You have to dismantle the rear of the cabin, very easy takes just 10 min max. There are 2 little speakers next to each other, unplug them, no more beeps but the dash flashes about the roof when off. Next you have 8 10 mm bolts holding the boot lid on remove these. step 2 take the 2 raised bits off the slider prongs. Phillips screw you will see them straight away. before you put you boot lid back on try sliding the roof in to postion and close the boot with the key. If the boot closes completley with no boot light on dash, fit the lid back on if not you will notice a switch on the left hand side that is restricing the roof from going all the way back. I have used an eraser to slot in to the switch from below to hold the switch in place!! (take the plastic surround off and you will see what I mean). If the bot still does not close get a 5mm alan key and when looking up at the boot where the slash down the middle is, you will see the slider motor. There is a round black rubber cover, push the alan key in to this and turn to move the slider back as far as it will go! The End.

Hey presto transtop, but half manual!! Take your spare key with you when you have a nice day as moving the boot up and down with no engine running drains the battery.

Hope this has helped, email me any other questions you may have.

Hello, I'm Rob from London. I hope you have sorted the prob by now if not hopefully these pointers and info will help.

1) We have all done it, have you lowered your rear window then tried to use the elec roof? It will not work with the rear window down.

2) Could be something to do with electrics if happened the same time as abs light coming on.

In answer to your screams of I have a convertable but can't take the roof with me and that beeping noise I just can't handle!!!! Which everside I'm sure it is the same lhd or rhd in uk it is passenger side us prob drivers. You have to dismantle the rear of the cabin, very easy takes just 10 min max. There are 2 little speakers next to each other, unplug them, no more beeps but the dash flashes about the roof when off. Next you have 8 10 mm bolts holding the boot lid on remove these. step 2 take the 2 raised bits off the slider prongs. Phillips screw you will see them straight away. before you put you boot lid back on try sliding the roof in to postion and close the boot with the key. If the boot closes completley with no boot light on dash, fit the lid back on if not you will notice a switch on the left hand side that is restricing the roof from going all the way back. I have used an eraser to slot in to the switch from below to hold the switch in place!! (take the plastic surround off and you will see what I mean). If the bot still does not close get a 5mm alan key and when looking up at the boot where the slash down the middle is, you will see the slider motor. There is a round black rubber cover, push the alan key in to this and turn to move the slider back as far as it will go! The End.

Hey presto transtop, but half manual!! Take your spare key with you when you have a nice day as moving the boot up and down with no engine running drains the battery.

Hope this has helped, email me any other questions you may have.

Just read your other post, Hmm well maybe it will help others!!! lol

Just read your other post, Hmm well maybe it will help others!!! lol

FYI

Process of using tt.

1) Flick latches driver and passenger, press button and wait. When tilter motor has raised then lowered by 10 mm flick middle lever

2) Press button again and everything should flow, press button twice quickley to disable saftey stops!!

youre an idiot

No no let me correct you ther breast rubber , I'm a f*cking Idiot!!! Look what ever if you don't want any help then fine, stay the hell out of the messages, if there is tt del sols there that have probs i'm sure that they want as much help as possible. So back the f*ck off with your Tramptop!!!!

BTW the english language states that it is you're not youre.....idiot!!!

i said that because you made 4 posts back to back when you could've put them all in one post. that, you english f*ck, is considered post whoring and is not allowed here. just have your tea time, eat your crumpets and shut the f*ck up.

i said that because you made 4 posts back to back when you could've put them all in one post. that, you english f*ck, is considered post whoring and is not allowed here. just have your tea time, eat your crumpets and shut the f*ck up.

Got no crumpets but I'll get some just for you, next time i'm at the supermarket.

I seem to have got off to a bad start, I was drunk last night hence multiple posts and abusive nature. So there you go, won't log on when drunk again!

Archived