Omnipower coil over spring rates?

zimmy709

Anyone have any experiences with the omni power non adjustable coil overs and which spring rate is better? car will be seeing about 60% street and 40% track (auto x) time. 12k f,10k r or 10k f, 8k r? anyone have suggestions? also i have heard the non adjustable have very good valving. I am curious if this is true or should i go with the adjustable damping ones?

to get an idea of the weight of my car it's a turbo b18c del sol gutted from seats back. thinking of putting the interior back in for better weight balance.

I would deffo put the rear interior back in. The sol's already front heavy as it is, plus you threw in a turbo kit and took out the stuff in the back. If anything I'd add the rear interior back in and throw some subs and an amp in the trunk to get it more balanced.

I didn't even know they made "non-adjustable" coilovers. Wouldn't that just be a spring or am I not really understanding what a coilover is?

I didn't even know they made "non-adjustable" coilovers. Wouldn't that just be a spring or am I not really understanding what a coilover is?

a lot of good quality coilovers offer damper adjustments to stiffen or soften the ride. just a knob at the top of the strut that you turn.

I would deffo put the rear interior back in. The sol's already front heavy as it is, plus you threw in a turbo kit and took out the stuff in the back. If anything I'd add the rear interior back in and throw some subs and an amp in the trunk to get it more balanced.

well, i took all my amps and subs out, i dont want that anymore, (unless i put my 4 channel back in) but i think i will definitely put the interior back in. I may relocate the battery to the trunk, i opted out on the carbon trunk for the very reason of balancing the car better.

as for the adjustable damping, im just not sure. i mean i know it wouldn't be bad, im just wondering if it's worth the extra $250, because i have heard the non adjustable damping coil overs are valved quite nicely.

Wait, so they're still adjustable ride height but not adjustable dampening? Am I understanding that right? I think that makes sense.

Yeah, man. 250 extra bones to adjust some dampening wouldn't be worth it to me.

yes, omni power has two different sets of coilovers, one that is height adjustable with your choice of 12/10k or 10/8k, and then another set that is ride height adjustable as well as damping adjustable and they come with 12k, 10k and 8k springs.

The adjustable dampening is worth the extra 250 in my opinion. THis will let you run really stiff during auto-x and then soften it up some for the ride home so you're not getting whiplash with every bump. My setup handles much better with the shocks set on 3/4 or 4/5 but that level kills me on the street. I run 2/2 on the street or sometimes 2/3 and it rides great and handles great for the street too.

The versatility of the adjustable shock dampening is worth it to me.

I may actually need to get some coilovers now. I don't want any gap between tire and fender. Not trying to threadjack or anything, but what do you guys think about that? I might even want to tuck a little bit of tire, and the car will be uber slammed.

Repsol... i agree, that is what im going for. i just took off my side skirts and went back to a stock rear bumper. Now the car looks like a monster truck. so im thinking i'm gonna go with the omni full adjustables and set her down so my tires are even with my fender. so not tucked, but almost. anyone have any pics of a stock body sol like this with 15's maybe... thats what i will be doing other than my front bumper is not stock, switchin to kosei k1's (matte black) from my 17's

Archived