fenders

well...in a terrible accident i fracked up my fender last night. well, ok. not that terrible. just hydroplaned off the road at 100mph and slid sideways in the ditch over a road reflector thingy which took out my right fender...then slide back onto the road for about another 75-100 feet i guess.

so anyway, i totally fracked up my fender and i need a new one. nothing else is wrong with the car THANK GOD. i will be going up to the honda dealership tomorrow (i hope) to price a new oem fender/paint/etc. but all my friends say "just get z3 fenders or something, it'll probably be cheaper." the problem is...i don't think i really want z3 fenders. so what else is there to choose from? i know theres those 2003 tiburon style ones (thats what they remind me off anyway) but i don't really like those either.

so...any ideas? pics?

First off, what were you doing 100 on a wet road for?

Second... Aftermarket parts usually are cheaper than OEM parts. It's a personal decision for the most part. I could have kitted out my del Sol and had aftermarket fenders after it was wrecked almost two years ago, but I personally don't like any body kits for the del Sols, nor do I like any aftermarket fenders. I would have gone with a carbon fiber hood had the OEM not been $100 though :laugh: . Anyway, so I guess you understand the point on it being a personal decision.

As for fenders, there's the usual Z3's... I guess the Z4's are what the trend of the moment in fenders is... Err... alright, well that's all I know on aftermarket fenders :laugh:

cf fenders seem like they would cost too much...maybe i'm wrong? plus, i never really liked anything to be carbon fiber on a car other than the hood. everything else like mirrors, door handles, trunk lids, etc just seem like overkill.

probably heading up to the honda dealership to price an oem fender, might take civicprincess_118 with me to see her car...if she can and wants to go that is?

plus i'll be doing research at school instead of doing work like always, so i'll post pics of all the different fenders i find just to give people an idea.

as for doing 100mph on a wet road.............its a long, long, long story that i really shouldn't get into because certain people can't read it. if you really want to know what/why/when/the whole story then pm me and i'll take the time to write it out.

Archived