Curious

ducttape2334

I'm just learning in general about cars engines and how they work. and i was wondering this morning as I was going to school...being in 5th gear at 3500 RPMs and only going 80 kinda sucks...a lot of gas and power lost....so would it be possible to get a 6 speed manual transmission into a del sol? What would need to be done? More outta curiousity then anything but who knows maybe i will win the lottery haha

That's about normal for these little cars. Mine is around 4,000 at 80 or a tad under. If you really want a 6 speed, a K20A(2) swap would be the best way. Although, it would be ridiculous to swap in a K series for the mere fact of wanting a 6 speed.

Stock in their respective forgein markets, maybe. I don't know for sure. I wouldn't be suprised. They do different things with their Hondas (in other countries) other than going fast in a straight line 1/4 of a mile at a time.

Personally, I would like to see the CVT tranny beefed up for race application, it seems like a good application.

It would be really nice to just add a gear to my 5-speed. Somebody who owned my friend's old civic 4-speed added a gear that kept your rpms at 1800 at 85 mph. Stock everything except that... I wonder how he did it?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived