Wire Harness

Do the 92-95 civic ex/si's share the same wiring harness as the OBDI GSR's? I have a kid i work with wanting to buy a '94 civic EX and is trying to pick up a motor out of a '95 GSR. I'm pretty sure they have the same harness and all he would have to do is change the ECU.

Do the 92-95 civic ex/si's share the same wiring harness as the OBDI GSR's? I have a kid i work with wanting to buy a '94 civic EX and is trying to pick up a motor out of a '95 GSR. I'm pretty sure they have the same harness and all he would have to do is change the ECU.

they are with the exception of 2 wires the knock sensor and the intake air bypass. My preference would be to use the stock civic harness and add the wires needed accordingly

vtec solenoid is A4 pin. the IAB solenoid is A17 pin. vtec pressure switch is D6. and knock sensor s D3. the 2nd wire comming off the VTEC pressure switch runs to ground.

vtec solenoid is A4 pin. the IAB solenoid is A17 pin. vtec pressure switch is D6. and knock sensor s D3. the 2nd wire comming off the VTEC pressure switch runs to ground.

the second wire for the iab is usually a positive trigger as the ecu sends a neg trigger. But please verify if the trigger coming from the ecu is neg.

gee im not sure either dude , the helms manual would have that info though. id say its positve , id say its exactly like the vtec solenoid setup. one wire is constant ground , one is live wire from ecu. but im not 100 either.

i didn't think of the skunk2 mani. now riddle me this. if he runs P72 (i think thats the GSR ECU) without the knock sensor wired all it's gonna do is throw a Check Engine light right?

i didn't think of the skunk2 mani. now riddle me this. if he runs P72 (i think thats the GSR ECU) without the knock sensor wired all it's gonna do is throw a Check Engine light right?

yes it will if you don't delete the knock sensor on that ecu. If you open the ecu you will see one big computer chip and one that is about a third of it's size stacked on top of the other one. That's the knock sensor part of the ecu. Wire it up accordingly and will have trouble free swap. The knock can save your motor if for some reason you get bad fuel, it will back the timing on it when it senses knock.

Had that swap in my 92 hatch and it was fun but really enjoyed my b16 more. Happy revving

Why did you enjoy the B16 over the GSR? I dont understand...

top end was massive on the b16. engine rev'd like there was no tomorrow and was not struggling or felt like it was. (free revving you can say) The GSR was torquey. The top end did not feel the same, more then likely cause the b16 has no torque so when vtec kicks, it hits hard. my best engine i enjoy driving is the 200whp b16's. The sound and the top end is bad ass.

well i mean really , when your actually on your car and want its best performance , the DOHC VTEC models dont even drop below 5500k so , what good is bottom end really? lol. my car doesnt drop below 6 , same as a US type r. JDM type r tranny even crazier , they dont drop below 7 when going through the gears and taking them to 9k.

Nothing coming from the ECU is neg. It is all positive. Neg grounds out somewhere on the engine or chassis.

cranny, if you're talking about the B ITR trans, the JDM actually drops more RPM than the US ITR.

Nothing coming from the ECU is neg. It is all positive. Neg grounds out somewhere on the engine or chassis.

cranny, if you're talking about the B ITR trans, the JDM actually drops more RPM than the US ITR.

actually a lot comes out of the ecu as a neg. example IACV has a switchd positive and the neg trigger coming from the ecu opens and closes the valve depending on conditions.

Archived