heat issue

ge_ej1

i changed the thermostat, got a new radiator about 5 months ago, and a new cap yesterday.

did the whole coolant flush and what not....when i go and turn on the heat, the heat feels like its luke warm and not hot to the point where i want to turn it off....

the upper radiator hose is hot and the bottom is cold....sometimes when i let the motor run on 2,000 rpms in park, the heat gets a little hotter and the bottom hose gets warmer? when i start to drive the car, i can feel the heat drop again and gets a little colder...when i squeze the bottome hose, i can feel the coolant inside and the overflow tank sucking, but don't really know what is going on...

i notice a little leak of antifreeze on the bottom of the radiator, there is some leaking but not sure where, i see antifreeze on the splash shield....w

check wiring and fuses?

i did check the fuses and the wiring, everything looks good to me....there is only one heater fuse that is located in the engine bay right? or under the dash as well?

i don't understand the question. is it overheating or is your heating just not getting as hot as it should? one of the things that went out is my radiator fan regulator. let it sit until you notice it start to get hotter than it would, make sure that the fan comes on.

i changed the thermostat, got a new radiator about 5 months ago, and a new cap yesterday.

did the whole coolant flush and what not....when i go and turn on the heat, the heat feels like its luke warm and not hot to the point where i want to turn it off....

the upper radiator hose is hot and the bottom is cold....sometimes when i let the motor run on 2,000 rpms in park, the heat gets a little hotter and the bottom hose gets warmer? when i start to drive the car, i can feel the heat drop again and gets a little colder...when i squeze the bottome hose, i can feel the coolant inside and the overflow tank sucking, but don't really know what is going on...

i notice a little leak of antifreeze on the bottom of the radiator, there is some leaking but not sure where, i see antifreeze on the splash shield....w

check if the temperature door is functional. its located inside the air duct. You shold hear it move when you put it from hot to cold and vise versa. If it works verify that the heater valve is fully opening. It is located on the firewall where the heater hoses connect too. Feel the temperature of the heater hoses. Have a friend move the temperature knob inside the car and watch the valve work. Should fully ope or close. Did you get a thermostat that opens at a cooler temp? if so please get a stock one that opens at 195 degrees. It will help with fuel economy and smog. ECU is tuned to run at that temp. Also pressure test the cooling system as any leak lowers the boiling point of the coolant. If all checks good you have a possible clogged heater core. Hope that helps.

maybe ur water pump aint circulating the water properly and the water itsn getting switch fro mthe radiator and the inside of the motor so it could be ur water pump not circulating the water i guess it could be that i had that type of problem and it was my water pump cuz it was mest up.

omg before I got to cranny for the first time I was thinking that. I am learningggg.

its all good. how hard would it be to replace the heater core anyways? i know its sits under the dash on the passenger side?

Sounds like you got a bad thermo, and it's stuck open. Replace it again.

i totally agree. plus, when you filled it up with coolant did you let it run with the heater on full with the cap off until the cooling fans kicked on?? if you didn't burp it properly it'll have air in the system and it'll act the way you're describing...

Archived