Turbo!!!!!!

SohcVtec01

And DO NOT drive the car until you get it tuned. Tow the car to your tuner/dyno and have it tuned with something like Crome, Neptune, Uberdata, Hondata, etc.... DO NOT drive the car until it's tuned.....unless you want to "be an amature that blows his motor up" There's many trims of T3/T4's too so choose wisely.

And DO NOT drive the car until you get it tuned. Tow the car to your tuner/dyno and have it tuned with something like Crome, Neptune, Uberdata, Hondata, etc.... DO NOT drive the car until it's tuned.....unless you want to "be an amature that blows his motor up" There's many trims of T3/T4's too so choose wisely.

As far as which turbo to use would depend on what your trying to accomplish. Do you want the car to pull hard as soon as you hit the throttle for quick passing power t25 (fun car to drive around town) or are you looking for top end charge (t3/t4). I had put together a dual zc turbo with a t25 on the car and ran 5psi with an FMU (hondata wasn't affordable at the time) The car was a blast to drive around town and ran 13.7's all day at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield California. If your not pushing more than 5 psi then an FMU will get the job done if you already have one. But if you have the money and the car is obd1 then hondata will be the way to go. Crome also

I just noticed the motor that the OP has and it's a D17. I don't know about anyone else (maybe cranny knows since he had that motor), but I sure would push 10psi on a D17. I wouldn't push much more than 6psi on that poor little motor. I'd also runa straight T3 to get rid of the lag. Smaller motor, smaller turbo unless you're doing a full build.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived