should I keep my quad-core Q6700 or sell it????? I have the processor, motherboard, and vista home premium. Still thinking if I should sell it or build new computer. what do ya'll think??

why would you sell it?

what would you end up getting to replace it?

i'd keep it. I :heart: my quad core

I dont know if i'd get a new computer yet. Maybe wait for the native quad-cores( maybe the tri-core?) to come out. because if I did keep it I would still need. Power supply, cases, memory, video cards (sli hehe), heatsink, fans, dvd drive, (possible both Blu-ray and HD dvd drives I like to go big), sound card, hard drive. and then install everything but that would take like 20 mins.

or get a mac.

lol @ "or get a mac"

wtf is a tri core? tri = 3, quad = 4....no?

i don't think you wanna be buying HD DVD or Blu Ray drives yet. They still $1000+ I think, and they only write 2x maximum

anyways, I have the same processor as you, and it's one of the best out there right now, so i dunno why ur tryin to sell it.

my entire setup cost about $3K, but you could still get what you want for another $1K, excluding the DVD drives. get some nice and fast regular ones for $30-40

My suggestion: build around what you got now. If you don't need to build it right away, then wait till prices drop on things such as the new video cards and blue laser drives

lol @ "or get a mac"

wtf is a tri core? tri = 3, quad = 4....no?

i don't think you wanna be buying HD DVD or Blu Ray drives yet. They still $1000+ I think, and they only write 2x maximum

anyways, I have the same processor as you, and it's one of the best out there right now, so i dunno why ur tryin to sell it.

my entire setup cost about $3K, but you could still get what you want for another $1K, excluding the DVD drives. get some nice and fast regular ones for $30-40

My suggestion: build around what you got now. If you don't need to build it right away, then wait till prices drop on things such as the new video cards and blue laser drives

Actually the blu-ray drives are like 250 and I forgot about the HD DVD drive. And the AMD tri-core is supposely as good as the unnative quad-cores. WOW $3k when and what do you have in that??

well if he bought the quadcore when it was new and has a decent board that is sli with a pair of 8800gtx's and has vista then i can see 3K.

maybe, but i think the 8800 gtx are overrated and overpriced.

im going to build a computer and use two 8800 graphics cards for it. or one 8800 and get the new physics card

I was thinking 8800 gt and physics card but i think sli is just better. the gtx is way over priced but if you have the money i guess go ahead and the gts is okay but still too high of a price.

CASE: THERMALTAKE VA8000BWS BLK 1 X $139.99

DVD: SONYNEC|AWG170S-B2 SATA 2 X $32.99

GPU: EVGA 8800GTX 1 X $559.99

HDD: WD RAPTOR X 150GB 2 X $161.99

MB: EVGA 680I 1 X $159.99

PSU: PCPWR&COOL|SILENCER 750 QUAD 1 X $199.99

MEM: 2GB CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-8500C5D 1 X $196.00

Plus QX6700 for I think $790 on ebay

LG 22" 2ms monitor for like $300

Logitech 5.1 surround speakers for like $90

2 X 500GB external WD HDD's for like $300 total

Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse for like $40

That totals about $3200-3300

This was in May I think

CASE: THERMALTAKE VA8000BWS BLK 1 X $139.99

DVD: SONYNEC|AWG170S-B2 SATA 2 X $32.99

GPU: EVGA 8800GTX 1 X $559.99

HDD: WD RAPTOR X 150GB 2 X $161.99

MB: EVGA 680I 1 X $159.99

PSU: PCPWR&COOL|SILENCER 750 QUAD 1 X $199.99

MEM: 2GB CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-8500C5D 1 X $196.00

Plus QX6700 for I think $790 on ebay

LG 22" 2ms monitor for like $300

Logitech 5.1 surround speakers for like $90

2 X 500GB external WD HDD's for like $300 total

Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse for like $40

That totals about $3200-3300

This was in May I think

Good price on the Raptors. Hahaha XP FTW!!! I can see it now. I just work at geeksquad and get bad ass deals, I forget that not everyone gets a discount. Finally got Gears of War. haha ($9 bucks) Nice set up thou

Yea some of that stuff was on ebay brand new so I got good prices there. I barely won the CPU at the last second.

Most of the other stuff was newegg.

I'm happy with it.

Damn right XP, haha. I gotta start using this media center crap with my 360 though.

What's with everyone getting GOW now? I played that for like the first 5 days till Rainbow 6 came out :thumbsup: , haha. Still have to play the last mission.>_<

Yea some of that stuff was on ebay brand new so I got good prices there. I barely won the CPU at the last second.

Most of the other stuff was newegg.

I'm happy with it.

Damn right XP, haha. I gotta start using this media center crap with my 360 though.

What's with everyone getting GOW now? I played that for like the first 5 days till Rainbow 6 came out :thumbsup: , haha. Still have to play the last mission.>_<

I get a good a discount with intel, and computer parts, I like it. might make it a "mac", and put lepoard on it. but I'm probably going to overclock it and stuff. I'm trying to make a geek squad bettle computer case.

i finally get GOW because it was 9 dollars. and i'm only going to play it because of multiplayer

Archived