Hondata ecu or standalone engine managment?

i plan on putting a jackson racing supercharger on my 97 del sol. i want to put the 11psi kit on then swap our the crank pulley with a b20 pully which should put me somewhere around 13psi. im not worried about detonation, cause i already figured out a solution. but i dont know whether to put a hondata in my car or a standalone. i want my car to remain smog legal, but i want complete control over the tuning of my car.

• 3 weeks later...
i plan on putting a jackson racing supercharger on my 97 del sol. i want to put the 11psi kit on then swap our the crank pulley with a b20 pully which should put me somewhere around 13psi. im not worried about detonation, cause i already figured out a solution. but i dont know whether to put a hondata in my car or a standalone. i want my car to remain smog legal, but i want complete control over the tuning of my car.

I swear by Hondata.. It runs well with our cars...

Pretty much not gonna' affect emissions at all.

well im just worried bout it cause i know on my dads truck(2001 nissan frontier) when he takes it in for emissions they plug into the ecu and scan it and if everything checks out then he passes. thats it. no sampling exhaust gasses via tail pipe. just wanted to make sure that if they do that to my car im not going to fail emissions cause of it.

this might help: Hondata

Not worried about it? Would you share your ideas on this? going to lower compression ratio? timing control?

found this place called LPH Motorsports that makes an water-to-air intercooler that has a heat exchanger. the average intake temp drop is ~100 degrees F! average gains of 24whp. ill post a link to there site later.

[Edit] it actually LHT Performance [Edit]

Go with Hondata S300. After you purchase the Hondata you wont be finished you will then need to find a Honda ECU to stick the Hondata in, P28 would be your best bet inless your Sol has the factory B16 in it then you would prolly wanna use the P06 in it.

Go with Hondata S300. After you purchase the Hondata you wont be finished you will then need to find a Honda ECU to stick the Hondata in, P28 would be your best bet inless your Sol has the factory B16 in it then you would prolly wanna use the P06 in it.

it is a factory b16. where can i find a P06 and how much would it cost me?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived