WTF?!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It isn't boosted... the belt isn't even on their supercharger yet lol

yea for burnouts... lets see it accelerate some....

Are you ok? The fact that its AWD and is laying rubber should tell you it can accelerate. I take it youve never driven AWD?

it's probably not awd anymore. They took an engine that's normally mounted sideways, sh*tcanned it, replaced it with something that's sitting in there lengthwise with the car.. Yea.

After watching it again and seeing it do BURNOUT clips where the rear wheels were spinning..I'd have to say nah, it's not awd.

Are you ok? The fact that its AWD and is laying rubber should tell you it can accelerate. I take it youve never driven AWD?

I take it that you don't realize that if it just lays rubber, then it isn't moving much of anywhere.... as they very well proved in the video.

btw... I have driven awd thank you very much.

it's probably not awd anymore. They took an engine that's normally mounted sideways, sh*tcanned it, replaced it with something that's sitting in there lengthwise with the car.. Yea.

After watching it again and seeing it do BURNOUT clips where the rear wheels were spinning..I'd have to say nah, it's not awd.

actually a subie engine is mounted lengthwise, but the tranny probably sits too far forward to be able to squeeze in a v8. If they could move the transmission back some, they could make an adaptor to hook it up but.....the tranny won't hold up to that much torque tho.

.... lol.... I forgot what car was in the video, I could have sworn it was a subie.

Anyways....as I was saying... The subie engine is lengthwise, whereas the evo engine is horizontal, so yeah.... its probably just RWD since the car in this video was an evo.

I take it that you don't realize that if it just lays rubber, then it isn't moving much of anywhere.... as they very well proved in the video.

If it its AWD and has the power the roast the tires like that, then it WILL FLY LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL when launched properly rather than a deliberate burnout. Youre talking to someone whos had an 04 STI and an 06 STI and whos got 2 friends with new evos. The fact that youve driven AWD doesnt mean you know anything about them.

Also, Theres a setting in the STI that allows you to control how much power goes to which wheels and if the EVO has this setting (knob on the console) which I think it does, you can put all the power to the rear wheels as seen in the video.

If it its AWD and has the power the roast the tires like that, then it WILL FLY LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL when launched properly rather than a deliberate burnout. Youre talking to someone whos had an 04 STI and an 06 STI and whos got 2 friends with new evos. The fact that youve driven AWD doesnt mean you know anything about them.

Also, Theres a setting in the STI that allows you to control how much power goes to which wheels and if the EVO has this setting (knob on the console) which I think it does, you can put all the power to the rear wheels as seen in the video.

Dude you're an idiot. Plain and simple, through and through.

If I'd just laid out well over 11,000 dollars on a swap to go from four cylinders to eight I think I'd have added that extra bit of money to make the front wheels drive as well.

So um, had that actually HAPPENED I'm sure they'd have shown us a launch or two..

But guess what? That car isn't AWD.

That would be because there is more room beneath a truck (just sheer size) to fit the differential's and whatnot with the way the engine is facing and mounted.

Archived