weight reduction

babyb18a1

i'm doing a budget build of a 99 ex so one of my primary mods is gonna be weight reduction.other than replacing the front seats with lighter one's and removing the backseats and all carpet and soundproofing,does anyone out there know what else i can take out/replace to drop the weight while remaining street legal? I heard that i need to keep the center console and dash.don't know about the door panels though.

Switch to a diet of grains, raw veggies and fruit with plent of water and folic acid pills. Alternate between running 4 miles and cycling 33 miles every day.

You should shed mad weight.

lol

its so funny to me to see a car completely striped out and see a some fat ass step out of the car

you don't need the console or the dash to be legal. You do need a dashboard-like device that all the necessary gauges are properly attached to though.

hrmm, your car has dual airbags though, so I don't think you can remove the whole dash. If you remove the pass seat you can remove the the whole dash and the passenger airbag though! :thumbsup:

You can take the ac out. Take washer fluid crap out. I am not sure but I would guess a short ram intake would weigh less then a stock intake, and short would be less the a cold air intake. I dont know man I just think weight reduction on a honda in a sense is pointless. Especially if u are just going to be on the street.

thanks for the help.trying to remain street legal so i don't catch any crap from the cops(crazy in maryland) at least til it's paid off.the weight is important cause i'm going for a circuit build, not show, or drag, or whatever.the diet jokes were funny btw,especially since i weigh like 138lbs.but its all good thanks.

Archived