How do you make check engine light a shift light?

Repsol

A buddy of mine wants to do it. I have no use for it, I Am Auto. Yes I do drive it like a manual though. Good news is, I just got a five speed tranny and the pedal cluster for $200. :D Just need a few more things.

for some reason i don't think that's legal. last time i knew when you get the car inspected they check to see if the light comes on before starting the car and make sure the bulb isn't burnt out or covered up. atleast thats how we did inspections in NY and thats how they are done in AK.

A buddy of mine wants to do it. I have no use for it, I Am Auto. Yes I do drive it like a manual though. Good news is, I just got a five speed tranny and the pedal cluster for $200. :D Just need a few more things.

if you drive an auto like a manual your cars gonna die and i'm gonna giggle. :laugh:

To answer your question most tuning/chips like hondata, crome can add that as an option. I think that's about the only way.

Oh and shifting your automatic like a manual isn't going to hurt the tranny any more than normal. It also isn't going to do anything different than if you let it shift on it's own.

Archived