redo front seats

Jedikid

hey have anyone re-done their seats. my leather driver seat is fracked and i have some black and red velvet fabric coming in, and want to redo my seat, just wandering if it's be hard to do. i'm doing my door panels. haha i love velvet.

most of my interior is done with red velvet and black suede. i did the whole thing myself, and trust me, you dont want to do it in velvet.

why what problems did you have with the velvet

the fabric is too thin. so you cant use much spray adhesive or else it will bleed through. there is also no way to stretch velvet like vinyl, so if you have any surface with lots of different angles and curves, its pretty impossible to get it perfect.

check out this other thread, i just added black suede to.

click

you can see behind the seats on the corner pieces how theres wrinkles. if youve already ordered the fabric, just wait to see how thick the back is. cut out a scrap piece, and use lots of spray adhesive to see if it bleeds through. if it doesnt, then youre good to go.

another thing to point out is that because velvet is so thin it wears very quickly. If you recover the seats you will probably have the fabric thread-bare within a few months.

Archived