car shuts off when idling in first gear! help!

hey there. just bought a del sol and its working great up until i take it for a spin. when i take it out and idle in first gear/neutral whether it be at a light or anywhere, the rpms bounce up and down a bit before the engine shuts off after about 5-10 seconds. its really annoying to have to keep feeding gas while im stopped at light in neutral just so i wont have to shut the car off. and im new to stick as well so it really isnt helping the learning process. could it be some sort of engine mod.. the previous guy who owned the car had a remote starter installed..

any help will be appreciated!

cj

Check your vaccum line around your throttle body there may be vaccum leak...

hey there. just bought a del sol and its working great up until i take it for a spin. when i take it out and idle in first gear/neutral whether it be at a light or anywhere, the rpms bounce up and down a bit before the engine shuts off after about 5-10 seconds. its really annoying to have to keep feeding gas while im stopped at light in neutral just so i wont have to shut the car off. and im new to stick as well so it really isnt helping the learning process. could it be some sort of engine mod.. the previous guy who owned the car had a remote starter installed..

any help will be appreciated!

cj

• 4 weeks later...

Archived