AC Filter?

linuxman

Ok, new to the forum :) I just bought me a nice 92 prelude with a whopping 92,000 miles on it... and I got a few questions. The previous owner smoked in the car (ick) and I've gotten it mostly cleaned, the smell is almost gone but when the ac is on it seems to be a little worse. I remember hearing something about these cars having some kind of particle filter for the AC system, anyone know if there is a filter, and if so, where it is and how to clean it? much appreciated!

And since everyone has to show off their new car, here ya go! :)

S4021120.jpg

looks very clean

good find

Thanks :) The only complaint I have so far is the smell... I cant stand cigarettes >_< I've got most the smell out, but I still need to shampoo the interior and clean out the ac filter (if there is one :) )

actually after cleaning the HELL out of the carpets and seats in the car over the weekend, I think I got rid of the smell. I had to take apart the center console to vacuum out some ashes.... bleh. But! at least I got it cleaned out! Now to replace the circa-1993 pioneer head unit....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
if you still come on the forum, quick question.

how much did you pay for the car? i've been looking into 92 preludes. i love the body.

and another think 92k isnt much for a honda engine :thumbsup:

Picked mine up for $4500 in houston, found it at some online auto wholesalers wharehouse :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived