Brakes

VitalSpeed_CRX

So I just changed my brake booster and flushed my brake lines and still nothing. I have new rotors and pads. on top of that problem my brake lights wont turn off unless I disconnect my battery. There is no pressure when I hit the brakes and it just goes all the way in and when I push it in softly you can sorta hear like a Suction noise like its drinking the brake fluid.The brakes give off the same BS when the car is on or off. If anyone has any info on what it could be or how to fix it please let me know.. Thanks for the help in advance..

Did you bleed the lines after you did the flush and add new fluid?

For the brake lights, you need to adjust the little sensor switch that your pedal arm hits when you press the brakes.

i had the same problem with my 89 si bleed the brakes got no pressure new calipers,master no brake fluid leaks and still nothing decided to change the brake lines out and instant pressure some times a hole is so small it wont leak but will suck in alot of air. Just my 2 cent

Did you bleed the lines after you did the flush and add new fluid?

For the brake lights, you need to adjust the little sensor switch that your pedal arm hits when you press the brakes.

Yes I did I still have 2 more bottles just incase.

Thanks I'll fix that first thing in the morning.

Did you pump the brakes after putting on the new pads and rotors to build the pressure back up?

The brake job someone else did. They put in the motor so I dont see why he wouldnt have. It was working when I got it back but started to act up weeks later.(Reason why I changed the brake booster).

i had the same problem with my 89 si bleed the brakes got no pressure new calipers,master no brake fluid leaks and still nothing decided to change the brake lines out and instant pressure some times a hole is so small it wont leak but will suck in alot of air. Just my 2 cent

I'll look into getting new lines if all else fails. How hard is that to replace?

try bleeding the master cylinder first.After that is bled,bleed the brake lines starting from the farthest working you way towards the master.

I'll try this format after I fix the light problem

Thanks for the info and advice, I'll update this tomorrow.

it must be done this way , you must start at longest brake line , passenger side rear , than work to the shortest line. it must be done this way.

it must be done this way , you must start at longest brake line , passenger side rear , than work to the shortest line. it must be done this way.

This is what I just now did found a link on how to do it. I should of checked online b4 trying to do it myself. But its DONE. Now I just need to change out my Calipers there sport calipers and wont fit with my stock stellies. (about time to get rims/wheels)

THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE!!!

1) Find the brake master cylinder. This is usually located under the hood on the driver’s side of the car, toward the back of the engine compartment.

2) Clean off the reservoir cap and remove it.

Remove the filter screen inside of the reservoir and spray it off with brake cleaner.

3) Using a rag, soak up all the brake fluid in the reservoir and place the filter screen back in

4) Fill up the brake reservoir with an approved brake fluid.

5) Properly support your car on Jack Stands and remove your wheels.( I JUST GOT UNDER THE CAR )

6) Starting with the right rear, remove the rubber nib covering the bleeder screw and undo the bleeder screw appx. 2 turns. The brake fluid will slowly run out, so it would be best to use a container to capture it.

7) Allow appx. one half bottle of brake fluid to drain, then re-tighten the bleeder screw. Spray off the caliper or rear of the drum with brake cleaner.

8) Do the same for the other wheels in this order; left rear, right front, left front.

Tips: Be carefull not to allow the reservoir to run out of fluid. Do Not touch the brake pedal at anytime during this process.

Q: about (7) = Should I have not pumped? or just let it leak out on its own. I did not see it leak on its own so I pumped.

Tips: Be carefull not to allow the reservoir to run out of fluid. Do Not touch the brake pedal at anytime during this process.

Q: about (7) = Should I have not pumped? or just let it leak out on its own. I did not see it leak on its own so I pumped.

What?

You don't just let it run out and then tighten it!

Have a friend in the car pump the brakes and then hold it down. Loosen the bleed screw half turn, then tighten quickly not letting any air get into the line. Make sure resevoir is full and repeat until there are no more bubbles coming out of brake lines.

What?

You don't just let it run out and then tighten it!

Have a friend in the car pump the brakes and then hold it down. Loosen the bleed screw half turn, then tighten quickly not letting any air get into the line. Make sure resevoir is full and repeat until there are no more bubbles coming out of brake lines.

Thanks. But its already fixed.

Archived