Engine Swap

93 Lude

Hey guys I have a 1993 prelude S. I really want a Vtech engine (H22), but I am not sure if it is possible unless I remove my auto transmission and buy a manual. Could I use a Vtech in my car with a auto transmission??? How much would it cost if I bought it online and installed it at my friends shop? I have heard of Vtech engine that produces 150 HP per liter without boost!!! Or is a supercharger/turbo cheaper???

wow, ok. ill be the first.

numero 1. Its VTEC not vtech or vtack.

you can swap in an h22 in to pretty much any honda, so yes, its possible. Also, it does come in an automatic version. If you dont want an automatic, then you can get a kit to change your car from an automatic to a manual.

also, the h22 is 200hp, not 150.

you can buy one online for a couple grand, and about installing it at your friends shop, i dont know what he will charge for labor or shop fees so i cant give you a reliable estimate.

• 2 weeks later...
also, the h22 is 200hp, not 150.

I said I've seen VTEC engines producing 150 HP per liter! Not just a total of 150 HP. DO THE MATH. 150x2.2=330 HP. It is a over bored engine though.

• 2 months later...
I said I've seen VTEC engines producing 150 HP per liter! Not just a total of 150 HP. DO THE MATH. 150x2.2=330 HP. It is a over bored engine though.

wow..thats hilerious..good job on the math..to bad thats WRONG. i wish my over bored h22 engine had 330hp. LOL. VETACCKK VEEE TACK! gay

alot of honda engines produce 100 hp per litre , some a tad more , i dont know about 150. all you need is the engine , ecu , and a few wires added. you can use your tranny thats in the car now.

when i bought my JDM H22A for my 88 S lude, it came with a manual trans, mid shaft, down pipe and mounts. it's supposed to have 200 hp stock. the USDM H22A is supposed to have 180 hp.

Go check out preludepower.com thier is a bunch of people that have done the swap and are working on the swap. You should get plenty of help on that site. Just search a bit and it will make you head spin.

good luck

Archived