So my friend has been telling me to go with the sleeper look when I go turbo, but far beyond just a black painted intercooler.

GSRengturbo7a.jpg

If I really went this route, I'd probably put a little Volkswagen into my car and get widened steelies. 15x6.5, rears with a little deeper dish, but still the same width. I'm tempted, but part of me likes having a shiney intercooler in the front, then popping the hood and it being crazy. Although, I doubt I could use the Peakboost FTW AC Ram Horn for this sleeper setup.

as long as it isn't high temp paint (contains ceramic and its basically a coat of insulation for the intercooler)

flat black is the best used with a very light coat from what I've read.

there were some tests done to our vw cylinders (air cooled) with different paints and such, and the outcome was that a light flat black paint was more effective at transferring heat, than the bare metal.....

EDIT: For me, the sleeper look is just a stock exterior and interior, to fool those unsuspecting enough to wanna make an easy kill from a red light..... or so they think.. Since they won't see the engine from beside you, I prolly wouldn't do it myself.

That's what I like, doing the engine is sort of pointless to me. I don't even like blacked out intercoolers, just ducked behind the stock black grille. Although, going down to the track and popping your hood to see a stock motor and then running fast as times, that would be baller.

I know exactly what you mean. To be honest, I am a ricer in the fact that I love the sound of blow-off valves. When I had my V8, I didn't have much to prove to people driving or walking the streets, they just heard the exhaust and saw it was a LS1 F-Body. When I got the Civic, loud exhaust didn't do the same, because the tone is completely different, I almost feel rediculous with it. A lot of people probably just think that it is slow as f*ck, just loud. Half of them probably don't think I speak English. =/ But when I go turbo, I sort of want people to be able to see the intercooler, if they are looking for it, not painted. It is actually hard to see intercoolers behind the stock bumpers black grille. So if my car is a "sleeper," I will most likely just blow-off. So pretty much, it is pointless for me to make it sleeper. I love being sneaky, but I love getting the attention. When I rolled up to Philly in my Trans Am, I was known. I'm known pretty damn well with my hatch as well, but mainly for the Trans Am. So, I don't know, my style is sort of anti-sleeper.

I must say, it was damn nice having my car with the GS-R, still stock height, stock steelies, and a quiet exhaust for a bit. Especially when I met up with my friend Steve to race his M3, he didn't really know what I had yet. When we went to pull out, some dude said "you don't have a chance," to me, I just smirked and said, "yeah, you'd be surprised." I lost, but was like 1/2 a car behind, so I was happy; expected to win though.

dsc1475dr5.jpg

His is on the right.

Either way bro, it's am M3. That's not bad on any level.

But yea. Domestics, can be loud..you know what time it is.

Gotta have some hellaciously loud BOV with an Import for people to take you seriously. That crap'll be tight though. Get a seperate front bumper and cut the grill out of the mouth of it for your FMIC.

lol i knew what ya meant, just I'd think that would block quite a bit of airflow..... they do allow air to go through, but..... prolly not enough.

it would prolly rip on the sharp fins anyway.... "damn it I got a run in my pantyhose again!!!"

Well, I don't know what I want to do. My ex-friend is a tool and acts tough in his headers and exhaust LS1 Trans Am. He can't shift worth crap and I held very well with him when we were both stock motors. I really want to call him out for a $200 run when I go turbo and want to hide it. Maybe I will rig something up just for when my car is first out with the turbo then after I get a few money runs in, I will show it off.

Archived