This is why i am here!

I have two vehicles and im looking to expand to three. I cant get my mind away from the fact that i want to mod a honda for a DD and to tinker on a honda again. Doing LSx's is awesome but i wanna try something different. That said, here is what i want. A buildable NON-vtec motor. I have access to whatever i want so i would love to get a motor i can use an eagle 4340 crank and rods with a JE or Wiseco whichever. Also a cam (s?) with a full host of boltons and not have to look very hard. I understand some motors are hard to find performance parts for i want a motor that alot of people build. I know the Fseries suck and all but i dont want to make tons of HP. So is there any aftermarket for an f-series as far as head/cam exhaust this that and the other? Any help much appreciated.

-Marcus

Not all F series motors suck. Notable the one in the s2k, I think.

I'd go H22 or H23. Nice aftermarket, good balance of power and torque, and non-VTEC if I remember right. Someone else confirm that. Or you can always get killer cams, which are pretty bad-ass.

Well, mind me asking why you do not want to go VTEC?

B-Series VTEC motors are very good engines. Sounds like you don't want your next vehicle to go under any forced induction, since you don't want a power house. I would personally recommend building a Si B16A or GS-R B18C. Get about a little over 200fwhp out of it with a decent build, atleast with a GS-R B18C.

If you really want to stay all motor, go with the B18A or B18B. Either in the stock Integra or swapped into a Civic, I'd say a swap. Anyways, I would build that and turbo it, but then you will be up in the 330fwhp and above range. LS's really aren't all motor builders.

Well, mind me asking why you do not want to go VTEC?

B-Series VTEC motors are very good engines. Sounds like you don't want your next vehicle to go under any forced induction, since you don't want a power house. I would personally recommend building a Si B16A or GS-R B18C. Get about a little over 200fwhp out of it with a decent build, atleast with a GS-R B18C.

If you really want to stay all motor, go with the B18A or B18B. Either in the stock Integra or swapped into a Civic, I'd say a swap. Anyways, I would build that and turbo it, but then you will be up in the 330fwhp and above range. LS's really aren't all motor builders.

Dont want forced induction. Dont want to set a MPH record. I race the camaro, this is a daily to have fun with play dyno games with occasionally take it to the track. Just wanna see what i can do with an underrated motor such as he f-series 5th gen accord motors.

If you're looking for a buildable non-vtec motor with aftermarket support i'd look into a B18A1 or B18B1.

H23 is a nice motor, but I honestly can't see there being a whole lot of aftermarket support, since most people with that motor either swap it out or do a H23 block/H22 head swap.

me personally, I am working on a high comp d-series engine right now. Not so high that I can't run pump gas though. D-series parts are really cheap. Nearly every honda guy has/had at least one sitting in the garage that they couldn't figure out what to do with. When people yank the d's from their cars they cannot reuse the intakes or header or a variety of other parts so there are quite a few cheap used d-series bolts-ons throughout the honda community as well.

If you want underrated, go with a D-Series VTEC motor. Go with a 1992-1995 Civiv EX coupe with the D16Z6 and build that all motor. It will be cheap. My friend had a VTEC D16, I believe it was the Y8 with a Z6 head, with just a camshaft, header, intake, and exhaust and was keeping up with my stock GS-R in a EH2 hatchback, this was in his CRX.

I bought 3 complete motors: two good blocks and two good heads between them for a grand total of $200. Included with 4 wireing harnesses from 96/97 ex's, a p30? ecu, two d16y series intake manis, a broken d auto trans two good distys, two alts and one ps pump, plus a box of god knows how many and what type of sensors.

D=Cheap crap to beat on and break...over and over again. You could do some wicked experimentation for ass cheap if you were skilled at assembling your own shortblocks.

Weighing my options heavily and researching during down time at work making a few phone calls, i am leaning towards an LS integra. I found alot of stuff for that B16B1 motor. Now its all about finding one for cheap because around here an integra is 5k plus ones under that are ragged out.

where is around here? and for your purposes a junkyard, salvage company or a towing/impound lot would be your best bets

I bought my 95 civic for 1100 from a towing impound lot. cars in worse condition sell for 2000-3000 every day here on CL, but no one wants an impound lot car because it had flat tires and the steering column need replaced. They had a few mid 90's tegs from 2k for ones that you could drive home.

Archived