short ram or cold air?

upcomintuner

The exhaust should fit, but I don't know too much about that body style. I think that as long as the exhaust is for a four door and you have a four door or the exhaust is for a two door and you have a two door, it will work.

In terms of the intake, cold airs are "better," but then you have more of a risk to hydrolock your motor by sucking water up in. For a daily driven car, I'd say short ram intake. I rarely hear of problems with cold airs, but I've heard enough to not care for them that much. As long as you are smart when it is raining you shouldn't have a problem, just avoid big puddles.

A little off your topic but I have an 2001 civic ex and I just installed my cold air yesterday and believe it or not I noticed it was a little more sluggish off the line then before yeah I know that doesn’t sound right..But when I’m around 60 MPH + it has a lot more power than before what’s up with that? Should I just make it a short?

The exhaust should fit, but I don't know too much about that body style. I think that as long as the exhaust is for a four door and you have a four door or the exhaust is for a two door and you have a two door, it will work.

In terms of the intake, cold airs are "better," but then you have more of a risk to hydrolock your motor by sucking water up in. For a daily driven car, I'd say short ram intake. I rarely hear of problems with cold airs, but I've heard enough to not care for them that much. As long as you are smart when it is raining you shouldn't have a problem, just avoid big puddles.

thanks... my friend had told me that if it sucks up water your screwed so i was thinking about short ram because of that but he said something about a bypass valve so that it wont let water in the motor or something?

i had an aem intake on my gsr civic with a bypass valve and i have no complaints. some people dont realize that it actually takes alot of water to hydrolock your engine. you would almost have to park your car in a puddle with your entire intake filter submerged in water in order for the engine to hydrolock.

"A little off your topic but I have an 2001 civic ex and I just installed my cold air yesterday and believe it or not I noticed it was a little more sluggish off the line then before yeah I know that doesn’t sound right..But when I’m around 60 MPH + it has a lot more power than before what’s up with that? Should I just make it a short? "

i've seen a pattern in most col air intakes. most of them don't really "add" power, they seem to just take and move it, like you will loose low end torque but get more high end.

a cai isn't a problem if your smart about it. does a cai sit lower than the bottom of the car? if your driving through water deep enough to hydrolock a cai then wouldn't you have to worry about water coming through the door seals?

for the intake it depends on your driving. Short ram intakes improve your low and mid range more than cold airs, so for normal driving and for A/T go short ram. If your up in the top end of your RPM range get the CAI, you will probably lose a bit of low end power but gain decent mid range power and good top end power. Oh and like a few others said invest the few extra bucks and get the bupass valve.

Archived