if god is willing

94typersol

i heard a friend of mine is swapping his rsx type s motor for the rsx type r motor.so i asked him what hes doing with the other k20 and he says well i dont know im just gonna leave it at my house till i know what to do.fuuuuuuuuuuk that i jumped on it as fast as i could.so now im getting a k20 for one of my sols.i have hated that motor for the longest just cause is backwards but now i have seen how much power they have.so if all goes to plan be one of the only few to have a k20ed sol.:thumbsup:

its getting very common now a days. but still, thats pretty sweet. show pics if you pick it up.

see the thing is i really dont know too much about k20s. i know their really powerful and have alot of room for alot of different types of setups.my crew is nutting but a bunch of rsx's and new si civics.im the only one with an oldschool honda except a h22 hatch.is their a place or site i can go to for help for a k20 swap.

you need:

-hasport mounts for eg

-hondata k pro

-hasport axles

-custom wire harness

-karcepts shift kit (if you wanna keep shifter in the same place)

-custom header

-custom intake

-proper tuning

expect to pay about 10-12k for the whole thing including the engine. also since its going into a del sol the tranny side mount will have to be cut out to accomodate the hasport mount. so its kinda hard to go back to b or d series.

im doing a k24/20 swap in my hatch and so far ive shelled out like 8500 so far.

you need:

-hasport mounts for eg

-hondata k pro

-hasport axles

-custom wire harness

-karcepts shift kit (if you wanna keep shifter in the same place)

-custom header

-custom intake

-proper tuning

expect to pay about 10-12k for the whole thing including the engine. also since its going into a del sol the tranny side mount will have to be cut out to accomodate the hasport mount. so its kinda hard to go back to b or d series.

im doing a k24/20 swap in my hatch and so far ive shelled out like 8500 so far.

you have got to be kidding.i mean the money aint the problem thats alot of work.im getting engine,tranny,ecu,wireingharness,axles,halfshlf and craplinkenge. for 4gs.

see the thing is i really dont know too much about k20s. i know their really powerful

that depends entirely on what your opinion is on what "really powerful" means

I would disagree, its def. not worth the money and work, IMO, but if you want to do it go for it.

anybody know if you can make a cr/vtec with the new crv and a k series head?

I completely missed the fact that this guy said the K20 was "really powerful".

No, dude. It's not. They almost have ITR numbers, just with a MUCH wilder tranny that makes all the difference in the world.

If you want to call ANY Honda engine powerful, at least of the four cylinder persuasion, then call the S2000's motor powerful, or even the damn Prelude.

Archived