civic cee exx

I was looking at your signature and had some comments about the modifications you ordered. Good choice with the catback, Loud Mouth is amazing, but unless SLP changed their long tube headers design, prepare to scrape, a lot. To finish up, why not sell the catback and just get a custom X-Pipe made? True duals baby! From the sounds of it, this guy can bend and weld well, he could make the pipes out the back, out the sides, or dump at the axle. I was going to go true duals, that's why I bring it up, but I went with a Y-Pipe for simplicity.

You know, I've been considering that. Just getting cutouts before my rear axle, and run the rest straight out of the back. I can't decide though. I'm really torn on it. I mean if push comes to shove I can sell the unopened catback for some cash and get him to weld me somethin' up.

I appreciate the suggestion. I think I'm gonna' go with the custom header-back setup.

As for the headers, is it REALLY that tight a fit? I mean the factory OEM one's look like they could be pretty f*cking snug..am I gonna' have to be scraping on the engine bay? LOL. I didn't get dimension's on them and haven't really asked anyone around town how an install with them went.

I meant like this:

23286248cn3.jpg

If you wanted to do a cutout, you don't need to sell your catback, but you might as well switch to something quieter so there is a point to having the cutout.

And if you do go the path of true duals and want mufflers, I have two DynoMax bullet mufflers, 3", brand new. Just been sitting in my garage.

ooooh, dynomax. i've always loved how the bullet mufflers sounded on the 5.0's.

surprisingly, i've never heard them on an LSx car.

i'm not sure what the hell i want to do yet.

WTF is a sans?

the car is missing rims and exhaust system...

FOUND! SITTING ON BLOCKS WITH THE MOTOR/INTERIOR STILL IN TACT!

I should note -- all that was missing was my cd player (which was recovered at the house), my rims, and exhaust system.

• 4 weeks later...

I might've done it prematurely.

We'll have to find out. I'm finding out now that I can go with a bigger cam on this engine than I had originally antcipated.

I'm learning as much.

Like I said, I bought and have been swinging blind.

Just started doing muh research on the internal capabilities.

Yeah, don't be afraid to ask me man, I know a good bit about F-Bodies. I admit, I lost a lot of my knowledge with the internals, but I would have been able to help you pick out a pretty serious cam for stock internals. But yeah, are you on any F-Body forums?

LS1.com

LS1Tech.com

LS2.com

CamaroZ28.com

Those are all decent ones, even though they pretty much are the same forum, just with different web addresses, usually the same groups though.

FBody.com

That one is alright, a lot of bullcrap though, I got banned from it about 20 times, no joke. Then they learned to just IP bann my ass, haha.

MotorCityForums.com

That is a good one, but it is a lot of local guys to me. They all know me there, it's a much smaller community, but a lot of serious builds there.

Archived