Major Issues with my audio stuff......

bounce a spare peice of wire from your 12+ off of your amplifier and then into the remote turn on spot on the amplifier it should then bcome one.......and then take that HU back and get it swapped out.

DO NOT do this as it will have your amplifier on all of the time, thus draining your battery. You sir are no longer allowed to give audio advice.

DO NOT do this as it will have your amplifier on all of the time, thus draining your battery. You sir are no longer allowed to give audio advice.

LOL not perminatly....just to check it to make sure its is not the amplifier ,and it 100% a bad remote output.....lol someone needs a hug. :crazy:

how many different devices are you running off of your remote turn on ?......if it is to many you may want to run a relay and then slip off of that.

ie some ppl call it trouble shooting to figure out the problem. so you sir shhh

Yea, like two other people said..that's considered troubleshooting and should not be done permanently.

You sir, are no longer allowed to speak.

Nowhere did he say not permanently. Plus, you can determine if it's a bad remote in other ways. Doing the above could easily fry an amp. I've seen it done.

Nowhere did he say not permanently. Plus, you can determine if it's a bad remote in other ways. Doing the above could easily fry an amp. I've seen it done.

hmm u seen a amp get fyed form hooking 12 volts to the remote. hmmm

bet u can test it to see if that the problem

i sry i typed "bet" instead of "but" did it really confuse u ?

back on topic did u figure out whats wrong?

Not really sure how a 12volt single would fry a amplifier unless it was done while the amplifier was on and he grounded out the wire on the chasis then it would more that likely just blow the output......nothing serious.....swap out you HU or use a friend in a nearbay car and just extend his remote over to your car along with his rcas.

Pull the signal wire all the way out of the car, and check to see if there is any worn insulation anywhere. Thats the only thing I can think of.

I think the remote only needs somethin like 500 milivolts to function. Anyways, you have two options, running a relay, which i think will complicate things OR run a completely new remote wire from the head unit to the amps. and to solve your problem about splicing wires, if its not done properly or whatever. Get a distro block and have the remote from the deck go into the distro and however many wires you need to your amps. If all you are doing is running a remote wire to one amp, then just run it straight through.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like your remote wire, i have wired car audio systems for about 4 years and had a few of the same problems, also easy way to check the amp is jumping the amp off your 12v power wire and this will no fry the amp or hurt it at all if your only touching the remote wire spot and the 12v spot also another thing i have noticed with a few decks is it error's out and doesnt turn the remote wire on, try turning the deck on and off while the car power is already on, also idk what kind of deck you have but i know my alpine deck has like 3 or 4 features for turning the subs on and off and which types of signals you want sent to them, but a good way to check the amp and your remote wire is just getting a small wire and jumping them

Archived