Seeing how its 4 in the morning and I can't get to sleep lets ask some questions. What all movies do you guys have on your iPods.

I've got Achorman, Half Baked, Borat, Wedding Crashers, Talladega Nights, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and 40 Year Old Virgin.

Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been

Nine Inch Nails - Beside You In Time

Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now: Part One

Miscellanous music videos

that's it :-P

i have a good encoder, i just dont have a good ripper. i juse videora ipod converter to get them into ipod format. but when i rip the movies, it breaks them up into several parts, or i can rip EVERYTHING which takes 20 hours...

Mine are DVD rips, I buy the DVD's I want to see when they come out so there's no point paying for them on iTunes also.

On the Mac:

Handbrake

OR - Mac The Ripper + Handbrake (depending on the DVD anti-copy protection)

My PC decided to die again, so after I rebuild it I'll throw in a DVD drive and then I'll need to find some programs to work with on there. I was using Free YouTube to iPod Converter on there, obviously for YouTube stuff. (Some FireFox add-on to download the YT vids, plus iSquint on the Mac to convert them.)

My brother uses this. The only down side is that it take like 4 hours. And it does take a lot of CPU usage but I'm encoding right now. He encodes his overnight so he doesn't care. But it encodes .ts files.

My brother uses this. The only down side is that it take like 4 hours. And it does take a lot of CPU usage but I'm encoding right now. He encodes his overnight so he doesn't care. But it encodes .ts files.

The app I use on the Mac takes approximately twice the time to rip as how long the DVD is... seeing how most movies are around the 2-hour mark now, 4 hours sounds about right.

yeah the ripper i had, i ripped old school in about 20 minutes, it was 4gb i think, but then to get it into ipod format it would take 19 hours. then it had the option to rip the entire dvd, or just the movie part, so i did just the movie, but it came in 5 parts, but only took 20 minutes to rip and get into ipod format

I CANT FUKIN GET MOVIES ONTO MY IPOD GURRRR fukin waste of money... the few that i have managed dont play sound GURRR

thats probably because you converted them using the itunes thing

all this feud makes me kinda glad that I got a zune. They have their ups and downs but I absolutely love my zune!! What all do you actually have to do to put videos on an Ipod video(sorry for the thread jack I was just wondering)

all this feud makes me kinda glad that I got a zune. They have their ups and downs but I absolutely love my zune!! What all do you actually have to do to put videos on an Ipod video(sorry for the thread jack I was just wondering)

You can download them from iTunes, and pay for them, or if you convert your DVD (or .avi/etc file) to an .mp4 file, when the conversion is done, drag and drop it into iTunes (set the video information if you need/want), and it'll get added to the iPod when you connect it again.

Archived