Need some opinions

ElBox95CiviCLx

So, here I am, putting my car at the mercy of teh peoples.

I have a couple of ideas on what I want to do with my ride (1995 Civic LX Sedan) and I would like to get the opinions of the good peoples here on what they would do on a limited budget. Mind you I don't really wanna go for some super bad ass performance, just some simple bolt ons that will add a little more "umph" to my daily driver.

Engine is a stock D15B7.

Everything else is stock except for the muffler (which I didn't put on, it came with the it, and I don't know what kind it is, I just know that it is loud and doesn't seem to add much performance to the car).

Paint is the original flint-mica-black.

Ideas =

For the body I was thinking something along the lines of JDM lips for the front and rear, and JDM side skirts to go along with them. The paint is a whole nother subject which I will have to think about, considering I'm an emo kid, it'll probably some other kind of black. Probably with dark red accents.

I don't really know what to do to the engine to improve the performance. Possibly redo the exaust. I'm definately going to change the intake over to something other than stock, I've heard Injen is worth the money, but I live in an area that gets rain so I can't go CAI all year round, so I was wondering if Injen made a good SRI.

Also thinking about lowering it just a bit, maybe 2" or so, what's a good suspension to go for?

So, lemme know what you think of my ideas, I will be posting pics of my dork-ass ride soon. :D

jdm exterior will look nice once you've lowered it. i/h/e is a pretty standard thing here. you know everyone recomends it but how much power has any one gained from that combo, cuz i've short ram intake and exhaust and i have only noticed a difference at night (colder air i know)? a mini me swap would be a good idea too

i/h/e will get you 10-15 hp tops.

if youre going to lower the car, i would suggest getting new shocks as well. you can go with a spring/shock setup or coilovers which can be adjusted. 2" will be a good drop. some good companies to check out are tokico, tein, eibach, omni power, and ground control

I/H/E on a d15b7 is a waste of money IMO. 10-15hp increase or not, its still slow. Yeah it'll be good experience if you DIY but its just not a good motor.

true but hes not going to spend a couple grand on building and boosting or doing a swap

Mind you I don't really wanna go for some super bad ass performance, just some simple bolt ons that will add a little more "umph" to my daily driver.

i/h/e will be good, maybe an intake manifold but even then you wont get much

true but hes not going to spend a couple grand on building and boosting or doing a swap

exactly, so why spend the money at all on i/h/e if he's not even going to be a big power gain?

ok i can understand that it makes the engine look nice and all but still.

That's clean looking, kinda the style I'm looking for....I thanks much for the opinions peoples.

I will eventually do a swap....but not with this car, I'm working on getting a project car, preferably a 92-95 hatch (I wanna stick within a generation style I found I like). As soon as I have the money I'll start investing in that.

Archived