Some advise, please.

gabby3

I am looking into buying an S. I used to have one but got divorced, he took the S, I kept the house. New man means I can get a new S. :)

I went to the local Honda dealer and they have a new 2006 for 36K which they will sell me for 26K with a trade in. Now I have a 95 GSR which I don't plan to part with. But still, why are they offering this so cheap. He said that the deal was a 10K rebate no matter what your car was worth. So if I went and picked up a piece of junk for 1K, I could go get the S for 26 plus the trade in.

I looked online and that seems like a really good deal, which means what's wrong with it.

Now the car is yellow, are the yellow ones not desirable or selling like the other colors? I'm female and I just want to make sure their not trying to bend me over.

lol @ all the prices you just mentioned. if i'm spending mid 20's on ANYTHING it'll be a supercharged 03/04 Mustang Cobra/modified LS1 F-body.

I never understood how those "guaranteed trade-in value" deals worked either. I always felt like there had to be a catch because if things seem like they're too good to be true they prolly are.

36k isn't unheard of for a new s2k. 26 is a darn good price. I'd trade in a GSR for a 26k s2000 in a heart beat. Especially yellow.

C'mon.. wouldn't you bend over to save $10k on an S2000? I would.

Have in inspected, run a Car Fax, do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel more comfortable, but consulting some guys on the internet won't help.

• 3 weeks later...

take it to two or three mechanics and carfax also...make sure for sure that it is not salvaged!

then sure, trade in anything whatever to get the s2k...

if you are gonna sell it in the future, as long as it works well, the color will not matter much, in my opinion!

good luck :)

take it to two or three mechanics and carfax also...make sure for sure that it is not salvaged!

then sure, trade in anything whatever to get the s2k...

if you are gonna sell it in the future, as long as it works well, the color will not matter much, in my opinion!

good luck :)

36K is crazy money for a S2k...

Seriously, buy one from us, we cant sell s2k's to save our lives... your looking at about 31K. Unless this s2k is heavily modded, 36K is crazy money...

36K is crazy money for a S2k...

Seriously, buy one from us, we cant sell s2k's to save our lives... your looking at about 31K. Unless this s2k is heavily modded, 36K is crazy money...

she is gonna get it for 26k :) her trade-in does not have to cost 10k!

Are you paying the 26K on a loan or credit line? I wouldn't suggest paying a large loan like that because you will end up paying way more than the car is worth for many years. Its not the best idea, but if you have the money up front then hey, it may be an option. I go with old hondas, i like th estyle body better.

s2k's are sweet though.

but yeah, 26k is not bad, but make sure you have a good lump of money to put as a down payment. i put 12g's down on my 33,000 car and i still pay 350 a month with a 6 year finance lol.

• 5 weeks later...
s2k's are sweet though.

but yeah, 26k is not bad, but make sure you have a good lump of money to put as a down payment. i put 12g's down on my 33,000 car and i still pay 350 a month with a 6 year finance lol.

Your best bet is to find out the details of their trade program. If you can get away with a $1,000 car for trade, do it! That's a pretty good deal on an s2k.

I'm sorry.

I have nothing against Honda.

For for 26K I'm gonna' be cruising in something nice.

EVO. STI. G35. 350Z.

I'm sorry.

I have nothing against Honda.

For for 26K I'm gonna' be cruising in something nice.

EVO. STI. G35. 350Z.

i agree. way better cars you can get in that price range. hell, you could probably get an 05 STi around that.

Archived