maybe some of you have been in this position

96civic

I agree that this war isn't for protecting our country. But that doesn't matter. You don't join to fight a war or you've joined for the wrong reasons. But its a personal choice and you shouldn't try to talk someone out of it by filling their heads with thoughts of dying. Hell more people died last year in car accidents than have died in 5 years of fighting. I'm not saying its ok that these people died, I would much rather see each one of those individuals at home safely, but the risk of death is everywhere. Not just in the military.

And I don't know a single person who has joined the military for money. We aren't payed enough for the work we do. Not by a long shot. But people will always assume that. Which is BS.

And the reason that I wanted to have to adjust is because of people. For every death I see or fail to prevent there are 5 that I can save. I do it to better peoples lives and make sure that they can live a long healthy life after a near death experience. It is a very rewarding job and life and I wouldn't give it up for any multi-million dollar job.

I have the best job and responsibility in the world. I am a protector of American rights and way of life. I am an American Soldier. And nothing that you could possibly say or do will make me think or feel otherwise.

I have the best job and responsibility in the world. I am a protector of American rights and way of life. I am an American Soldier. And nothing that you could possibly say or do will make me think or feel otherwise.

Lol, i love this little disclaimer

I agree that death is everywhere...I was not saying he should be thinking about death! If it's like that then I shouldn't be driving on southern Cali freeways...I was saying he should think about preventing any "danger"...wear seatbelts, be careful...all that "caution" stuff...and, by no means am I saying my everyday drive is like the experience in the force...

I said "mostly" people join because of those reasons (you say they don't pay well, then ok, then people shouldn't join for the money...but someone else was saying it pays)...I have known people who have joined for the tuition, for the "it could be fun"...one didn't want to be near the family and the other didn't have a real home...these are just examples...96civic has his own reasons and he is the one deciding!

What you do is very respected...I'm glad there are people like you in the world, which needs more people like you! :)

Why do so many hate it or come back relieved that it's done? It's not a good experience for EVERYONE! some ya but not all...

People come back hating it because they get fracked when they go overseas. 20 hour days 7 days a week for a lot of people, inferior or outdated equipment. There are guys going over with some units that are still using the old flak jackets that have no bullet stopping abilities. Or the fact that we are fighting in a civil war that we have no place in. That is why people get frustrated. I personally love the Army. And am gonna stay in until I retire and have them pay for my school without having to work a crapty retail job just to pay for food. Id rather have my degree and be completely financially sound the whole time.

wow...thanks for telling :)

it amazes me...this is supposedly USA and it's so not advanced! But then I've seen amazing technology that goes into some Navy ships...I had a dropped jaw for like a minute when I saw some of the stuff! oh and the jets...

did you think like this before you joined?

Yes I did. I come from a military family and serving our country is our proudest tradition. And I will uphold that honor. As does my brother, all my male cousins, my father, and my uncle.

the building for the unit isnt even finished built yet its so new to my state for the national guard that the recruiter didn't kno about it before i told him:-p took him 2 weeks to track down the number to call them to find out what i have to do to get in. i was down talken to one of the commanders today and ia m all excited about doing this, no one in my family likes the idea tho:-p

i was out meeting wiht the unit i am goann be joining. nation guard gonan be doing eod like the "crack head staber."

you butthead. i havent looked in this thread until today and this is one of the first things i see.:ninja: lol

and to the OP. Stay away from the air force unless youre lazy.

IMO, the military is a good start in life. Get a high score on the Asvab and pick your first duty station and pick a job (like a really technical job) where you wont get sent over to the sand box. let the military pay for your housing, take advantage of the free dental and medical and shop on base so you dont have to worry about taxes. After 3 years, get out, get 50k for college and get on with your life. thats my advice.

or go work for united airlines. they are hiring 1800+ people and they are flying everyone out for their interviews.

www.united.com

Archived