Tell me about my engine

TrailMystic

I've had my sol for 5 days now. I located an owner's manual on eBay for $2, but I don't have it yet. This forum has been great, albeit a little more "colorful" than my usual 4X4Wire forum.

Tell me about my engine. It is stamped B16A3. The valve cover says it's a VTEC DOHC. The decal on the hood says engine family RHN1 6V JGEEA. I assume this is the original engine, but much about the past history of the car is a mystery. It supposedly only has 52,000, and it looks like it. I've read up on VTEC and understand how that works. What can all your collective wisdom tell me?

Thanks,

Pete

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND :D

VTEC

Found in:

1994-1995 Honda Del Sol VTEC (EG)

Displacement: 1595 cm³

Compression: 10.4:1

Power: 160 hp (119 kW) @ 7800 rpm & 111 ft·lbf (152 N·m) @ 7000 rpm

Transmission: Y21

*courtacy of Google & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_B_engine#B16A3

http://www.jdmenginesamurai.com/engines/ho...ngine_b16a3.htm

Honda B16A3 Engine JDM

Displacement (cc):

Power (bhp@rpm):

160 @ 7,600 rpm

Torque (ft/lbs@rpm):

118 @ 7,500 rpm

Compression Ratio:

10.8:1

Bore (mm):

Stroke (mm):

Cam Design:

DOHC

Valve Train

VTEC

Honda B16A3 Engines JDM

The B16A3 was produced for the Honda Del Sol in the years 1994-1995 model. The B16A3 is one of the more popular used Honda engines sought out by tuners today. The trick is always finding a decent used JDM motor in great condition with good compression test results. Many JDM engine importers travel to Japan to test each engine before importing it back to North America. JDM engines sold in the secondary market are always a bit of a risk so it is important to deal with reputable JDM engine importer that has a long business history and provides warranty coverage and guarantees. If you want to see more used Honda engines return to JDM Engines.

I've had my sol for 5 days now. I located an owner's manual on eBay for $2, but I don't have it yet. This forum has been great, albeit a little more "colorful" than my usual 4X4Wire forum.

Tell me about my engine. It is stamped B16A3. The valve cover says it's a VTEC DOHC. The decal on the hood says engine family RHN1 6V JGEEA. I assume this is the original engine, but much about the past history of the car is a mystery. It supposedly only has 52,000, and it looks like it. I've read up on VTEC and understand how that works. What can all your collective wisdom tell me?

Thanks,

Pete

Yes, it is the engine that is supposed to be in your car. It most likely is the original engine. The mileage may not be a mistake. Did you buy it from a dealership? I would think you might know more about it's history if you had purchased it from a personal seller... You could run a Carfax on it, if you haven't already.

Honda B16A3 Engines JDM

The B16A3 was produced for the Honda Del Sol in the years 1994-1995 model. The B16A3 is one of the more popular used Honda engines sought out by tuners today. The trick is always finding a decent used JDM motor in great condition with good compression test results. Many JDM engine importers travel to Japan to test each engine before importing it back to North America. JDM engines sold in the secondary market are always a bit of a risk so it is important to deal with reputable JDM engine importer that has a long business history and provides warranty coverage and guarantees. If you want to see more used Honda engines return to JDM Engines.

The B16A3 is USDM, not JDM.

You've got probably one of the best Del Sol's on the market. Twin-cam, a lot quicker than it's SOHC counterparts obviously.

It is also a dual cam not a twin as the intake is obviously different then the exhaust cam.

Archived