h22a vs b18c5

i have a 94 hatch and i wanna do a motor swap. i wanna hear some pros and cons on eather engine. the h22 has pretty much just has much power as the c5 and cost about half the money.i can get the h22 now or wait till july for the c5. im just getting really impatient.

I'm not engine savy but IF both engines have the same power, as you stated, then id go with the b18c5 b/c its a smaller engine. the b18c5 would save you more gas than the h22a. Last I heard, prelude engine swaps into a civic looses the A/C option.

You'll probably get more responses in the engine dept.

B swaps for civics are easier in general and the aftermarket, though sizeable for both, is prolly bigger for the C5. Both nice engines, I'd just go with the B18C5 for simplicity.

Edit: Yay for no AC and PS!

I'm not engine savy but IF both engines have the same power, as you stated, then id go with the b18c5 b/c its a smaller engine. the b18c5 would save you more gas than the h22a. Last I heard, prelude engine swaps into a civic looses the A/C option.

You'll probably get more responses in the engine dept.

Actually, u dont HAVE to lose your a/c option at all while putting an H22a in your civic. Alls you do is use your stock d-series condensor or b-series condensor and You'll have to buy a adapter bracket. HCP engineering makes a bracket. Don't remember how much, but its not bad. I had one and it worked good. Its just the lines that are annoying. Totally possible though.

Archived