offset question

Both the same width rim, does an offset of 40 stick out farther than a 42 or is it the other way around. My enkei's rub and they are 7" wide 40mm offset, so I'm trying to make sure if I need to get a 42, 45, or if I'm going the wrong direction alltogether.

No joke? Crap, so I need to look for about a 38 if I'm rubbing with a 40? Another question. WIll a 40 offset 7" wide rim or a 40 offset 6.5" rim sit out further. I'm assuming that if I get a 40mm 6.5" wide rim then it would sit back in the fender farther and fix the problem.

+50 offset is stock for integras, nate. i personaly ran as low as +29 and those stuck out a little past the fender. the lower the offset, the more itll stick out.

Yeah, the del sol wheels I'm running now are 45 offset and only 5.5" wide. My tires are tucking just a hair at my new ride height, so I need to make sure whatever new wheels I get don't stick out as much as the Enkei's.

Archived