rear brake conversion...

Xeryon

I already suspect that my rear struts are bad, so I'm going to have to take the back end apart to fix them anyway.

While I have it apart, and my brakes also need to be repaired all the way around, I was looking at doing the rear disk conversion. I've done my fair share of internet searching (and I would search more on HF but the search function still doesn't work right for me). Here were two good write ups I already found:

disk conversion 1

Disk conversion 2

All initial research suggests that a control arm assembly and the rotors, hub and calipers off of a 90-93 teg or a 94-95 si will net me with a fully interchangable setup. I think there is a couple sols that I can pull from too. In either case I have to use an ebrake line set from a civic as there is a difference in the way the cable routes and I would need to cut a hole in the floorpan to make the teg cable fit right. All the info I've read suggest changing the m/c, booster and prop valve from a 95si would be the way to go so that I get proper brake system power.

I still have alot of research to do yet, but after driving my car a few times this looks like the suspension/brake repairs get bumped to the top of my to-do list so this is coming up as the next project this spring. I know I already have information mixed up and or incomplete at this time, so don't fly off the handle if you see something I posted is wrong, just put in your .02 and get over it.

Anyone else try and succeed (or fail) at converting thiers? Anyone else know of some more quality information to add to this so that I can get it right the first try? Any other thoughts?

BTW, to all the haters and trolls who would say why? because I want to. It's not rice, it's not a waste of money, it's something I would like to do because it looks interesting, I have the time, space and want to learn how to do it. And the money part seems pretty cheap. Initial cost estimates make this around a $250-$300 job.

good luck on the convention, if i remember right i think it was 90IntegraC1 that did te conversion. i believe i read some thing he posted when i first joined, cant remember for sure. but when u finish the project make a good right up and ask to get it stickyed.

nah wasn't me xero, my car came with rear disks.

I have a complete 4-dr integra parts car w/ the whole swap, but compuvision02 is looking into it.

if you want, you can contact him and ask him if it's okay that you take it......possibly make an offer that i can't refuse and it's yours!

fullcar.jpg

that's the car......but now it has no front end, engine, trans, interior, or trunk lid lol....

Archived