Mods for automatics?

Pantoriun

My friend owns a 95 civic sedan stock with an automatic tranny.My question for you all knowing honda owners is how much in the way with mods could be done to an automatic is it worth it and will it ever be as fast as a manual with the same stuff on it?

Yah, manuals will always be faster than the automatics with the sames mods. Mind you there are a few autos out there that do pretty well for an auto, but it all depends on how well you take care of your car and all that. Honda auto trannies suck ass and were not built to handle excessive speed and all that.

IMO, it'll take a lot of money and some heavy tuning to make an automatic Civic sedan go 13. There was a guy from TeamSol who had a turbo automatic B16(i think...forgot which b-motor it was) and he hit high 13s I believe...but he kept blowing his auto tranny. Even with a tranny cooler and totally built tranny for drag. He ended up giving up on Honda automatics and decided to do a manual swap...considering the sedan is heavier than a Sol, you're friend should consider if it'll be worth his time and money to achieve such a thing. I would say, find a better car to drag than a Civic sedan.

Archived