engine swap question...

the_carless_wonder

i'm assuming you mean can you put any jdm b-series into any civic/integra and yeah any b-series will work in any 89+ civic/integra. h-series will work in civics with a bolt in kits, and will bolt into 91+ accords. there are bolt in kits for the k-series, but its only for the brand new civics.

ahem.. Hseries motors can fit in a civic/crx with teggy engine mounts.. !!hey it fits the best!!

i would keep the stock motor for reference, if you were selling your car, i would swap it back to spec... thats just me though.. :laugh::laugh:

ahem.. Hseries motors can fit in a civic/crx with teggy engine mounts..

nope.

B series will fit in civic with integra mounts.

H series requiers a hasport or place racing mount kit.

ahem.. Hseries motors can fit in a civic/crx with teggy engine mounts..

nope.

B series will fit in civic with integra mounts.

H series requiers a hasport or place racing mount kit.

Hseires.. opps i meant teggy mounts would fit easy in a civic/crx

................................................................................

............................. ........................................B18 mounts fit on B16 engine on civic or crx...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so let me make sure this is clear...this is a better thread to post this question on.

In my 1994 Civic ---I want to swap in either a B16A2 with LSD or a B18C w/o LSD. Which is the better choice---assuming the price is the same. The power difference isn't really signficant---10 hp, but the torque is. But then again, the B16A2 would have the LSD and launch better.

Assuming all of the parts come with it (mounts, axles, wiring harness, shift linkage, etc)---is it just as easy to install the B18C as the B16A2.

Also, since the JDM engine wiring harnesses are different (as far as ECU placement) from the USDM ones, does that mean i'll reuse my stock wiring harness---will I need to do any modification to it (VTEC wiring is there of course).

I am planning on doing this swap in my garage with a couple of friends and would like this as painless as possible.

I notice the Civic EX Sedan is really light, a bit over 2500 pounds---with either of those motors, I should be able to give the 5th Gen Preludes and Type R's a run for their money (or beat them!) right? Any idea what times I would have?

Thanks for the help!

To answer a few of your questions..... What do you plan on doing with the car/engine in the future? My choice would be the b16 with LSD, but that's me. I have a JDM b16 in my del sol, and I have a friend with a GSR. We run about the same in the quarter, I'm a little faster. Although I have a few more things done to my car, it isn't stripped. His is completely stripped. If I had LSD, I might be doing even better.

As for the wiring harness, You will most likely use your harness. The best thing to do would use your harness, and anything that doesn't plug up, change it. Say the ecu doesn't work right, get a different ecu. You'll come out with fewer problems in the future.

As for being light, it weighs about the same as a type R. Integra Type Rs 'supposedly' run 14.7 factory. If you go with the b16, ssuming they don't have much done to them, the driver is pretty good, and you lose some weight in your car, you will have a good chance. 5th gen preludes are quick, but not a match for a type r.

To answer a few of your questions..... What do you plan on doing with the car/engine in the future? My choice would be the b16 with LSD, but that's me. I have a JDM b16 in my del sol, and I have a friend with a GSR. We run about the same in the quarter, I'm a little faster. Although I have a few more things done to my car, it isn't stripped. His is completely stripped. If I had LSD, I might be doing even better.

As for the wiring harness, You will most likely use your harness. The best thing to do would use your harness, and anything that doesn't plug up, change it. Say the ecu doesn't work right, get a different ecu. You'll come out with fewer problems in the future.

As for being light, it weighs about the same as a type R. Integra Type Rs 'supposedly' run 14.7 factory. If you go with the b16, ssuming they don't have much done to them, the driver is pretty good, and you lose some weight in your car, you will have a good chance. 5th gen preludes are quick, but not a match for a type r.

A couple of bits...the GSR motor is also JDM---180 hp vs the 170 hp here. I think i'm going to go this route---the install is painless also. I found LSD's for around $279.00. Also, i'm planning on doing a Fidenza flywheel and an Clutchmasters clutch right off the bat. Again, i'm used to driving high torque vehicles, and probably going to end up keeping this one naturally aspirated for awhile. The 11 lb/ft torque difference is pretty significant when you are talking numbers that are in the low 100s to being with.

As far as the wiring harness, I found that the stock one will be fine---the new motor comes with a new ECU etc.

This should be the start of a pretty fun project, I want to build this car more for autorcross/road-racing then drag really. It's getting a full suspension, sways, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Archived