Opinions on Swap

Nicodemus

Yeah, I see what you're saying. But swapping is much... uh... cooler! Yeah, that's it!

Seriously, I thought about building, but having an engine rated at 170hp stock has more potential than one that starts at 127. Plus, from what I've been reading, the Y80 tranny on the B18C1 is geared better than my current one.

I think I've decided on the GSR.

Just how straightforward is the B-Series swap? Do I need any conversion regarding the tranny? Does it bolt to the stock mounts? Just how easy is it ?

Also, if I'm looking for intakes, do I look for ones that are for my engine or the GSR? I would imagine the GSR, but I dunno if the shape would be right for it being in an EJ6 chassis.

Seriously, I thought about building, but having an engine rated at 170hp stock has more potential than one that starts at 127. Plus, from what I've been reading, the Y80 tranny on the B18C1 is geared better than my current one.

I think I've decided on the GSR.

Just how straightforward is the B-Series swap? Do I need any conversion regarding the tranny? Does it bolt to the stock mounts? Just how easy is it ?

Also, if I'm looking for intakes, do I look for ones that are for my engine or the GSR? I would imagine the GSR, but I dunno if the shape would be right for it being in an EJ6 chassis.

your gonna need mounts. you can either buy a mount kit like hasport , or go to the dealer or junkyard and try and find yourself 99-00 Si mounts. with the mounts its bolt in easy as pie dude. if you have an intake now for your civic , im 100% you can get it on and make it fit no problems.

• 4 years later...

Archived