Detailing advice

Bunga

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean honestly, would you wetsand a finish that looks like above? Especially when the only orange peel was captured by a camera and can't be seen by the human eye (and I've checked under dual 1000watt halogen's.)

how can't you see it by eye, but you can by camera? I would have wetsanded before, but thats just me.

how can't you see it by eye, but you can by camera? I would have wetsanded before, but thats just me.

Don't ask me. I personally don't think there's orange peel there. I think it's just something in that picture. I've tried catching it in picture again and have tried to see it visually on that same spot (driver's side door) and it's just flat not there. I don't know if maybe I have to be at the perfect angle or what, but it's not visible except in that picture....like I said...don't ask me.

I will try and get that same exact shot this spring when I do a full detail on the car again and see if it shows up again. I'll post up the results of that area when I do.

Ok so i got a wild hair up my butt yesterday and felt like detailing the ride. Now mind you this is with just one coat of the NXT and i think it looks pretty good. I'm still trying to find some #9 and when i do then i'll be trying that process that Hung does. Enjoy the pics.

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

I'm just curious now how it will look after the 9 and 26 applied on there. I think the NXT alone did great.

that civic is cleeeeean.

nice work.

it will have a much deeper shine when you're done with it.

for the record-all factory mercedes paint comes with a reflection resembling Hung's in that one pic, but only from certain angles really up close, so I don't think it's anything to fuss about lol

last time i played with 1000 watt lightbulbs hung , i spent a year sentence of house arrest and parole visits , haha. but they werent halogens , more like high pressure sodium , hehe.

last time i played with 1000 watt lightbulbs hung , i spent a year sentence of house arrest and parole visits , haha. but they werent halogens , more like high pressure sodium , hehe.

Ok so i got a wild hair up my butt yesterday and felt like detailing the ride. Now mind you this is with just one coat of the NXT and i think it looks pretty good. I'm still trying to find some #9 and when i do then i'll be trying that process that Hung does. Enjoy the pics.

I'm just curious now how it will look after the 9 and 26 applied on there. I think the NXT alone did great.

Looks great. Can't wait to see it when you're completelyl done. For the record I don't use #9 on my car except in really tight spots. I always machine buff my car so I use #80. I have used #9 on my entire car before though with great results.....just don't forget the elbow grease with #9 (and a lot of it).

Oh and here's your car color detailed using M21. This is what you should aspire for.

tn12727942hv.jpg

tn12828150ai.jpg

tn12727997yu.jpg

^^ a guy from my detailing forums previous car ^^

Your paint should look very similar to that when your all done.

baby steps. I'll get there. When i come back from my detachment in the middle of march i'm gonna spend some good quality time with the whip and try and get it close to that.

outstanding. I remember a long time ago when i used to wash and detail cars for this place and they used armor all pretty much for everything. From the exterior trim, wheels, and tires to the dash's (and this is in FL). So people would come back later down the road bitching and complaining that the trim and dash's were cracking and looking like crap. Man i can't believe the company lasted as long as it did.

thanks for the compliments. I was a little skeptical (probably spelled wrong!) about getting the blue. The last Si i had was black and that car would look unbelievable when it was done up, only problem was it was a bitch to keep clean. I'm glad now though that i bought it. Me personally i kinda like it w/o the tint.

thanks for the compliments. I was a little skeptical (probably spelled wrong!) about getting the blue. The last Si i had was black and that car would look unbelievable when it was done up, only problem was it was a bitch to keep clean. I'm glad now though that i bought it. Me personally i kinda like it w/o the tint.

Yea. Electron blue is cool though. Better than the red.

Trans-Mate Accent is better than Mothers crap.

it will last for 6 months no problem too.

we use it on all mercedes trim and tires as a shine rather than tire shine that comes off as soon as you move the car.

Archived