QMC

Makes it really stiff. Makes it sit 2-3" above the floor. I like it just because it takes out all the f*cking slack from the stock MC making it easier to get to out on track.

What do you mean easier to get to?

Makes it really stiff. Makes it sit 2-3" above the floor. I like it just because it takes out all the f*cking slack from the stock MC making it easier to get to out on track.

What do you mean easier to get to?

Easier to get to meaning it is pretty much on the floor. I don't have to lift my leg up to get to it. Just pull the toe end of my foot up a little.

Only time it gets annoying is when I'm in heavy traffic for an hour or more. By the time I get out of it, my leg is on fire.

i have to ask this , is there a problem with the one in the car? has it ever gave you a hassle in shifting or different situations? i just cant see spending money on somin like that. sooner spend the money on somin else. how much are they exactly?

I think on the omni site they were saying something like $250 or somewhere around that. At the moment i'm not having issues with my MC, but it would somewhat seem like more of a convience thing. It's not on my high priority list right now. There are actually some other things i need to get for it first like some new rotors and brakes. I was thinking willwood or ebc. I heard ebc was pretty good because they dimple thier rotors then crossing drilling them. Any suggestions because i'm all ears??

You can get it under $200. Why replace it? Its lets you shift fast. I shift faster with my stock shifter than my friends who have short shifters. And I get to keep my shifter closer to the wheel.

SSRs point is that he has the QMC, which allows him to shift with the speed of a short shifter without the cons of a short shifter (further away from the wheel). I think that makes sense.

So the results are in: faster shift times owing to less travel distance in the pedal. Cons: stiffer pedal with less margin for error.

that master cylinder doesnt allow you to shift any faster , lol , hilarious. tell me please , how does it make you shift faster? this otta be good? cause it has an inch less clutch pedal travel? its a waste of money , given the fact the stock one does the job good enough. plus it will make your car less user friendly by making clutch pedal harder. sillynous. we come back to the old , dont fix it if it aint broken thing. spend the money on somin you could use or will do you good.

Well like i said before and i'll say it again gentleman. It's not a high pri on my to do list. It's just something that i'm throwing out there and seeing what everyone thinks about it. I still need to pick up a clutch and brakes.

that master cylinder doesnt allow you to shift any faster , lol , hilarious. tell me please , how does it make you shift faster? this otta be good? cause it has an inch less clutch pedal travel? its a waste of money , given the fact the stock one does the job good enough. plus it will make your car less user friendly by making clutch pedal harder. sillynous. we come back to the old , dont fix it if it aint broken thing. spend the money on somin you could use or will do you good.

Actually it's about 3 inches less pedal travel. The clutch sits about 3 inches off th floor with this "upgrade". I'll see if I can find a picture I saw recently of it installed.

Edit: Here's before and after pictures with the clutch disengaged.

Before

OEMClutchHeight.jpg

After

OMNIClutchHeight.jpg

how would you know? you havent ever used one.

and who are you to tell people how to spend their money?

how would you know? you havent ever used one.

and who are you to tell people how to spend their money?

Wanna know something.... its a waste of money. If it is a track car, maybe someone should look into it. If it is for the street, spend your money elsewhere.

he could go out and buy it, then come back and complain cause it is too stiff for the street.

he wasn't telling anyone anything. he was suggesting.

Archived