So sadd....

Kicksome123

Well my mechanic is a douche and diddnt want to find me a new motor/crankshaft. He said now if I race the car even a little bit im gunna have to get getting a new engine is this a lie or what? He buffed out whatever was wrong with memory cloth changed a bunch of gaskets. and replaced the 2 rod bearings that were fryed. Is it true about the crank?

why would any decent mechanic put an engine back together half assed?

get a new mechanic, or better yet... do the stuff yourself. it isn't hard at all.

Edit: sorry i didn't answer your question.... um... why did he only replace 2? when you do that kind of stuff you do them all, cause now guess where there is gonna be a problem if something were to arise again.... those bearings he didn't replace. he was in there, had all the tools out, they don't sell individual bearings (usually), so he had the whole set. thats just utter lazyness IMHO

what exactly did he tell you was wrong with it originally?

why would any decent mechanic put an engine back together half assed?

get a new mechanic, or better yet... do the stuff yourself. it isn't hard at all.

Believe me thats what I wanted to do in the first place. My moms a bitch yo! I dont really have proper tools either...

Edit: sorry i didn't answer your question.... um... why did he only replace 2? when you do that kind of stuff you do them all, cause now guess where there is gonna be a problem if something were to arise again.... those bearings he didn't replace. he was in there, had all the tools out, they don't sell individual bearings (usually), so he had the whole set. thats just utter lazyness IMHO

what exactly did he tell you was wrong with it originally?

Okay he said the mains and everything in there looked really good, he said the rod bearings wasnt even all that messed up but he said the crankshaft looked like it had been beat on and he said only 2 rod bearings were messed up and all the internals besides that looked good coming from him. I just dont understand why I cant get on it from time to time >.<

Does it still knock? if not, I'd say you can drive it like you stole it, I see no problem.

No it doesnt knock at all, but im just worried cause that mechanic isnt someone you f*ck with and if I mess my car up again im really F*cked...

...that mechanic isnt someone you f*ck with ...

You get your car worked on at the local mafia shop or something? A mechanic is just a hired wrench that often charges too much. He only does what you tell him too and if you don't like him go somewhere else. Capitalism at work.

Theres only 2 mechanics that acutally know what the hell they are doing in my town. Hes one of them, The other charges quiet a chunk of change. Well my mom payed 600 bucks on the mechanics bill anyway. I forgot to say he replaced the timing belt to...

I live in a town where there are no mechanics. Hell, the name of the town is Mechanicsburg, go figure?

But a 30 minute drive (or tow) from here are four cities with hudreds of places to choose from. Most of them are better choices when the locals are not giving you satisfaction. Even taking into account the long tow, you would be able to find someone that you trust more, and might be cheaper and would off-set the tow price.

I live in a town where there are no mechanics. Hell, the name of the town is Mechanicsburg, go figure?

But a 30 minute drive (or tow) from here are four cities with hudreds of places to choose from. Most of them are better choices when the locals are not giving you satisfaction. Even taking into account the long tow, you would be able to find someone that you trust more, and might be cheaper and would off-set the tow price.

I have to go into the bigger town to get the mechanics and like I said =P only two of them know what there talking about well prolly only one... The guy that charges a lil bit to much. You got a import that doesnt work, that mofo will fix that hoe..

So are there any mechanics in your burg? There actually is one here in town. The local GM Truck (yes, -pickup truck only- gm dealer. I'm way out DEEP in the country here) dealer has a single bay at the dealership.

Archived