Knocking under hood

Kicksome123

I have a knocking sound comming from under the hood, I know it has just about nothing to do with the engine because the engine still performs fine.... its just when I accelerate it does it, with regular throttle it starts around 3500 rpms and continues. I think its a bar or something that is rattleing against the engine. Im getting out tommorow and looking at it I just wanted some clues to maybe look for... I have a 99 ex if it helps any

I doubt I slung a rod if thats what your asking ssr, I seriously dont think its anything big. I think its more of a midget banging its more of a clicking than a banging

it will start as a tick, then progress to a click, then a hard knock, and pretty soon.....

engineblow012.jpg

trust me...I know.

it will start as a tick, then progress to a click, then a hard knock, and pretty soon.....

engineblow012.jpg

trust me...I know.

I dont get it if its that..... I have never done anything to my engine for that to happen........... omgah if that happens I will be f*cked

pop your hood, listen closely to where its coming from, it could be top end thus a valve needing adjusted. If its bottom end more then likey its a rod bearing!! I dont know of random bars just knocking on a car for no reason either

I diddnt ride it hard or anything last time I drove it... and I just started to drive it today and then about half way down the road it started doing it...

I dont get it if its that..... I have never done anything to my engine for that to happen........... omgah if that happens I will be f*cked

Mine was stock.... mine was fine too, then all of a sudden, a tick. then I started to lose power, till BAM! destroyed my engine.

one sign of it is a loss of oil pressure. have an oil pressure gauge in your car?

im pretty sure it does but I will check again tommorow, anyone out there does the stock ex have a fuel pressure gauge?

Edit: ehhhh I dont think it doesnt.... How do I replace a rod bearing if it is bad???

Could I put the bottom end of my honda crx Si D15A3 with my D16Y8 head?

take out your engine. and rebuild everything. replace mains, and rod bearings.

bearing failures are the worst, because you have to clean everything. oil gallies in your engine, crank gallies, and everything. anything that your oil touches has to be cleaned. oil coolers are now ruined.

oil pressure gauge, not fuel pressure btw.

well you have to make sure that it isn't anything else first, like you were going to do.

check oil pressure.

check oil for shavings.

drop oil pan check for play in bearings. may or may not be noticeable.

.....can anyone add anything?

Archived