My new sound system

Kicksome123

Well im gunna be putting a sound system in my car, gahh kinda regret it then I cant wait =P

Heres what its gunna be

3 MTX 10"sledgehammer 5500's with a ported box(boy lemme tell you I got killed on shipping)

and pushing it is gunna be a volfenhag 2000 watt 2 channel amp

Is this good? I will prolly get another amp and a good capacitor after a lil while.

I will prolly end up selling this and tryin to get a some JL's

Tell me what yall think!

I would suggest you wait. If you want to be more familiar with speakers and how they sound, you can go to the electronics dept at best buy, circuit city, or wherever and listen to them. Of course the salesman will try to persuade you into buying their stuff but just ignore him and listen to it. See if you like what you hear. Go and listen to a variety of speakers 1st and then go home and reevaluate everything you hear then decide.

Hit up the local independent audio shops as well b/c more than likely, they'll carry brands or models that best buy don't carry such as diamond audio, brahama, resonant engineering, digital design, etc.

I would suggest you wait. If you want to be more familiar with speakers and how they sound, you can go to the electronics dept at best buy, circuit city, or wherever and listen to them. Of course the salesman will try to persuade you into buying their stuff but just ignore him and listen to it. See if you like what you hear. Go and listen to a variety of speakers 1st and then go home and reevaluate everything you hear then decide.

Hit up the local independent audio shops as well b/c more than likely, they'll carry brands or models that best buy don't carry such as diamond audio, brahama, resonant engineering, digital design, etc.

we only have one independent sound shop where I live and they dont have anything hooked up inside their store they just have costumers cars outside. The only place where there are speakers inside the store is at circuit city, and all the employee's up there are douche bags. I have been in their thump room as they call it and I looked at some MTX the same as mine expect they only had 2 12" and they sounded pretty good but their like double the price im paying for my speaker. I payed 240 bucks for my 3 10" and the ported box and 150 for the amp, all brand new!

Yea at first I wanted JL's but the ones I was looking at only had 500RMS wanted something that could handle a lil bit more power and the MTX's are 1800 RMS so yep yep. I will eventually just have like one JL 10w7 or whatever they're called

I got the speakers today and I got the amp yesterday, I have yet to hook everything up but I will tell yall the results. I think the amp will be decent, but I wouldnt mind having a MTX amp but there expensive as hell!

Edit: Will post pics up soon!

I got the speakers today and I got the amp yesterday, I have yet to hook everything up but I will tell yall the results. I think the amp will be decent, but I wouldnt mind having a MTX amp but there expensive as hell!

Edit: Will post pics up soon!

JL Audio is Bang for the buck? LMAO. . . more like, buck for the bang

My RE setup poopies on W7 setups

take ^this guys advice. . . do some research. You can get high end crap for a fraction of the price that JL, Eclipse, Kicker etc. . charges. . also be louder, be more efficient, SOUND BETTER

JL Audio is Bang for the buck? LMAO. . . more like, buck for the bang

My RE setup poopies on W7 setups

take ^this guys advice. . . do some research. You can get high end crap for a fraction of the price that JL, Eclipse, Kicker etc. . charges. . also be louder, be more efficient, SOUND BETTER

What you got against JL's???? I have a guy that I can get to wire it up for free and he worked at one of the local shops. Man my box to me looks badass and im so suprised that it fits so well in my trunk.. any tips on to keep it from sliding???

What you got against JL's???? I have a guy that I can get to wire it up for free and he worked at one of the local shops. Man my box to me looks badass and im so suprised that it fits so well in my trunk.. any tips on to keep it from sliding???

my BIGGEST gripe about JL audio is that they are WAYYYY over priced.

There is a good amount of independent companies out there that will give you the same or better performance for much cheaper. JL is really just over hyped.

as far as the box sliding around. . any box can be bolted down. If you want simple and easy, use metal L brackets

OMGAWD I wish I had like 50 bucks right now so I could pay a shop to wire my speakers up. Sorry couldnt get any pics today, exams were today and right when I got home I slept for like 6 hours heh, diddnt have enough time but tommorow I can promise yall some pics of them. THEY ARE BADASS!

Edit: I know how to do everything except one thing im not sure about and then hook the cd player up, other than that I could do the rest...

• 2 weeks later...

So his lights don't dim..... and don't give us the crap about how they don't work either.....

1 - 945 watt polk amp (actual rating) +

1 - 800 audiobahn amp +

1 - 1 farad capicitor +

1 - 45 amp alternator <- yes, 45 amps.

= no headlights dimming, under max load.

I take out the cap, and my lights dim under minimal bass.....

believe me, I was a skeptic before too, like everyone else that says they don't work.

So his lights don't dim..... and don't give us the crap about how they don't work either.....

1 - 945 watt polk amp (actual rating) +

1 - 800 audiobahn amp +

1 - 1 farad capicitor +

1 - 45 amp alternator <- yes, 45 amps.

= no headlights dimming, under max load.

I take out the cap, and my lights dim under minimal bass.....

believe me, I was a skeptic before too, like everyone else that says they don't work.

well obviously your alternator is the problem. If you fixed the flaws in your current electrical deficiency then there would be no need for a cap.

you also have less problems with current draw if you actually use efficient equipment. Audiobahn certainly wont give you that efficiency

And what Polk Audio amp puts out 945 watts? what model are you using?

No duh the alternator is the problem, they don't make anything that big for beetles. 95 amps, but half of them are junk.

c400 polk amp. its a 400 watt amp, but on the outside of the amp it says 975watt*

the point is, is that they work.

Archived